PDA

View Full Version : No more brake for me

Poodleshooter
October 5, 2010, 03:37 PM
I finally replaced the ported BOSS on my 7mm Rem Mag Abolt with the "Conventional Recoil" BOSS module,after finding a great deal on one. What a reduction to muzzle blast! Recoil is slightly increased,but the reduction just wasn't worth it for the increased muzzle blast that jetted back at me.
-No more dust in my face when shooting prone
-No more puff of gas hitting my face on every shot (much worse than a suppressed AR without a gasbuster!)
-No more wearing plugs AND muffs just to avoid ringing ears if I only wore one form of protection
-No more reaching into the safe and picking another rifle to hunt with, just to avoid that deafening blast
-No more cringing and jumping from my firing line neighbors at the covered rifle range when I touch off a round next to them.

Has anyone else ditched an obnoxious muzzle brake?

Danny45
October 5, 2010, 06:34 PM
I have a buddy that used to have an Eclipse in .300 win mag with a boss. I hated being within 20 yards of him when he fired that thing. Made my teeth hurt and I swear the ground shook.

Quickdraw Limpsalot
October 5, 2010, 07:13 PM
I hear ya. I've got no love for a brake on anything smaller than a .338 Lapua. I'll take the recoil, you can keep the concussion!

BIG P
October 5, 2010, 08:00 PM
YES Me too.300wm.turned it into a project gun changed barrel to 26'' heavy
& heavy stock made it a sand bag gun long range only,cut muzzle blast &
recoil is now nice.Its not fun to carry but when it hits the bench its great.

sc928porsche
October 5, 2010, 11:55 PM
I would really hate to spend any time at the range with my 378 without the brake.