PDA

View Full Version : Marlin XL7 Questions

roc1
September 11, 2010, 04:55 PM
I would thoughts on the Marlin XL7 compared to others like the Rem 700 ? Is it made by Remington or does Marlin actually make it themselves? How does it stack up in accuracy and quality compared to other big names? They look awful good and the trigger is outstanding by feel.Just looking for now.
Thanks
roc1

10-96
September 11, 2010, 06:03 PM
From what I gather, Marlin makes the XL and XS lines even though Remington bought Marlin in Dec 07, and in Apr 10, Marlin moved to another state to resume production. The XL7 is a fine rifle that has gained many great reviews from users and writers alike. (I'd ruther surf for user reviews any day over a possible 'paid-for' writer review.)

I don't want to get cross-ways with the copyright folks, but google "Marlin wikipedia".

Are you going to the Tech/UT game?

roc1
September 11, 2010, 10:36 PM
That would be nice but doubt if you could get tickets without paying an arm an leg. Thanks for info I think the feel of the Marlin equals or exceeds Remington now and less money.
roc1

jmortimer
September 12, 2010, 09:39 AM
Every single owner review I have read (many, many owner reviews) about the Marlin XL7 has been positive, so much so that I plan I getting one.