PDA

View Full Version : Benelli

DRL1187
September 3, 2010, 08:33 PM
I am trying to decide between an M2 and a Super Black Eagle II. From the research I have done the only difference I can see is that the SBE is chambered for 3.5" shells while the M2 only for 3". Am I overlooking other differences?

Thanks,

DRL

dawico
September 3, 2010, 08:40 PM
I believe that's about it. I have the SBE II and it is awesome. It feeds the lightest target loads with 100% reliability. I like the ability to shoot 2 3/4" all the way to 3 1/2" loads, and the Comfortec stock helps tame the recoil. This one for sure, but most Benellis come with shims to tailor the gun to fit your body type.

dawico
September 3, 2010, 08:41 PM
They may use different choke tubes also, now that I think about it.

DRL1187
September 3, 2010, 08:47 PM
What is the difference in the choke tubes? Both come with a full set of 5 correct?

dawico
September 3, 2010, 08:57 PM
My SBE II came with five, and they are the least common type, the Crio chokes. I looked it up, the m2 uses the Crio tubes also. The standard choke tubes also fit Beretta guns, and are easier to find. The Crio tubes are not very difficult to find, you just see alot more of the standard tubes.

You will have to check how many each gun comes with when you go to buy. I heard that Benelli wasn't sending 5 choke sets anymore, but I could be wrong.

xx78
September 3, 2010, 10:15 PM
I just bought a Vinci and it came with 5 chokes.

jmr40
September 4, 2010, 05:52 PM
They are completely different guns. The SBE is actually slightly lighter in weight even though it will shoot the longer 3.5" shells and the M-2 will not. I think they use the same choke tubes, but could be wrong about that.

Both are good guns, but unless you plan on shooting a lot of 3.5" shells I'd go M-2. In my experience they are slightly more reliable, especially with lighter loads, which most people shoot most often.

dawico
September 4, 2010, 11:23 PM
Go to their website and check out the American series. The only difference that I can tell is they don't have the Comfortec stock, but they are hundreds cheaper. The SBE II and the M2 are both available that way.