PDA

View Full Version : Beretta Cheetah info request

Mako1a
September 1, 2010, 07:46 PM
My Beretta collection is lacking a Model 86 (.380 tip-up). I asked my FFL buddy to get me one. He said "they're expensive and rare, you sure you still want one?" I said yes.

My question is: When were they made (production years) and how many were made? I have read that 1986 was the first production year. If that's correct what was the last year and what ser no runs were there. Why are they so hard to find?

Also, I have a Beretta model 85F. Not 85FS, but 85F. Ser no F06165Y. It has the hammer drop safety and finger grooves in front of the trigger guard just like the 85FS. I can find no differences between mine and the 85FS. Did they incorporate the FS features before changing the designation? If so a little history would be appreciated.

SteveP55419
September 1, 2010, 08:05 PM
There is one for sale on BerettaForums.net in the classified section for a reasonable price.

http://www.berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=65235

PS: I had one that was made in 2006. I'm guessing that was the last production year.

Andrewh
September 3, 2010, 08:43 AM
it has been a while, but as I Recall, there is no external differences, it is the barrel, like chromed or something to help aid in cleaning and less issues between cleanings for military/police types.