PDA

View Full Version : My new CZ's are still cooking nicely,,,

aarondhgraham
August 21, 2010, 12:36 PM
I passed the 500 round mark on the CZ-75B this morning,,,
I've used WWB FMJ, Winchester FMJ, and some Korean manufactured FMJ.

Not one jam, fail to feed/fire/eject,,,
I'm so still loving this pistol.

I also passed the 1,000 round mark on the CZ 75 Kadet,,,
The last 550 rounds were Federal bulk-pack from Wally World.

Same performance report as the 9mm.

Being a revolver guy and reading all the problems people report here,,,
About ammo picky guns or ones that need feed ramp work,,,
I was truly very apprehensive about buying a semi,,,
But these Ladies have performed flawlessly.

I like the taste of the CZ Kool-Aid! :D

Amin Parker
August 21, 2010, 01:20 PM
When you pass the 30 thousand round mark your gun will shoot better than it shoots now. The cz 75 is so good that i cannot give my true opinion without using foul language.

I know lots of people love them but i still feel that they are under rated because they dont appear in rap videos or b movies like another popular brand i will not name.

Cz 75s are @%¥#§@ awesome

Rich Miranda
August 21, 2010, 01:30 PM
I recall a competitive shooter who was upset that his CZ frame developed a small frame crack - after 40 thousand rounds fired.

If it is unusual that a gun develops a defect after 40,000 rounds, I'm sold. I don't have one yet, but it's on my list.

aarondhgraham
August 21, 2010, 01:48 PM
But to tell the truth I didn't shoot that many semi-auto pistols that I liked,,,
I have rather small hands for a 6'1"+ man,,,
S&W K-frame fits me perfectly.

But I am fortunate to be a member of a range with very friendly gun owners,,,
When I saw someone shooting a gun I had never seen I talked to them,,,
Many of the folk would allow me to pop a few rounds to feel it,,,
I always let them shoot one of mine in return,,,
The S&W 629 was a favorite for that.

All I knew was that I wanted a full size 9mm,,,
The Glocks I tried all shot very well,,,
But none of them "thrilled" me.

It was the same with the Sigs I got to fire,,,
Very nice guns but no instant affinity.

HK's didn't fit me at all,,,
Beretta 92's were simply too fat for my hand,,,
I did get to shoot a Browning Hi-Power and that was nice.

Then a gentleman allowed me to shoot his CZ-75B and I fell in love,,,
It just fit my hand, felt right when I aimed it, and was pretty,,,
It didn't hurt that brand new it was only $498.00.

So It and it's companion CZ-75B Kadet came to live with me,,,
I know that in the vast scheme of things there are lots of fine semi's out there,,,
But these two just seem to fit me so well I don't think I could be happier with anything else.

CZ Kool-Aid,,,
God and good for you. ;)

Amin Parker
August 21, 2010, 02:37 PM
I just commented on their strength on another thread.

Long story short, couple of guys chipped in and bought one at our club for ALL of us to use provided we had to log amount of rounds and bullet weights.

Around 80 thousand rounds of mostly 147gr, one national record that still stands and two slide stops later she is still running.

I am a Browning high power fan and own three. When people do the Browning vs cz debate i step aside because i love my 2 cz75s to bits.

I still think its under rated.
By the way, could someone please explain the kool aid, i do not know what it refers to.

Jermz1987
August 21, 2010, 02:47 PM
Its just a joke reference to drinking the "Cult Kool Aid". Just like you here a lot of people say they are drinking the Glock Kool Aid. I myself have a CZ75b SA and I have a few cases of the CZ Kool Aid in my fridge;)

schmeky
August 21, 2010, 02:53 PM
aarondhgraham,

500 rounds? You're still a baby in diapers :p

Here's my CZ-97B with a little over 6,000 rounds and counting. It shows no discernible wear, in fact, it seems to be wearing in. The slide is buttery smooth when cycling by hand, the action is slick and tight. I have no doubt it will surpass the 10,000 round mark with ease. The only thing I have replaced is one mag spring at 5,000 rounds. I went 4,000 rounds without a single bobble, then had a single mis-feed due to the worn out mag spring. The edges of the slide stop and manual safety are turning white from use, but shows no rust. I would not hesitate with this pistol to defend my family.

http://a.imageshack.us/img174/6425/img0747zl9.jpg

SCDeac82
August 21, 2010, 09:12 PM
Yo Aaron:

Looked at a CZ75 last Saturday, and really liked the finish and feel of the grip.

Almost bought the PO7 a while back, but ended up with an XD9 after I read about frame bulging probs.

Glad you are enjoying your new "girls."

JB

10-96
August 21, 2010, 10:19 PM
Glad to hear you're liking yours- I love the heck outta mine.
I do have to wonder how long yours will continue to hold up if you keep "cooking" them though.:rolleyes:

I've always longed after the 97... my only hangup is that my biscuit grabbers ain't big enough. They either need to make the grips smaller, or issue me some bigger hands!

Amin Parker
August 21, 2010, 11:32 PM
Im sorry, frames bulging? I have never seen or heard of this.

The cz 75 is used by hundreds of competitive shooters around here. Surely if there was a problem i would have heard about this before, where did you get this info from?

deeczman
August 21, 2010, 11:48 PM
I know there are many very handgun makers these days due more cad/cam and cnc machineing and better metal, alloys and even polymers. But once you have CZ a try most likely you will get hooked. So nice to hear of the joy they are bringing you that is what is all about.
I have been on the CZ bandwagon since my first in 1997 a two tone 75b so many rounds of several ammo's never a failure on any of my CZ's. I have the P01 which you need to read the torture test it went thru when other makers politely declined its on the web. The 75b s/s i have is real nice too as are my 97BD .45 and my most accurate possibly sp01 all steel with night sites.
I buy some from Buds gun shop on the web great service and i think good prices. Question for you would be to let me know of your Kadet kit possibly your likes/dislikes accuracy and most of all reliability??
Hope CZ continues to please you and by the way customer service is great if you have a ? call and gunsmith will answer anything u want to ask .
Good luck thanks for listening, David

SCDeac82
August 22, 2010, 07:34 AM
The bulging frame issues I read about were on the PO7's, with the polymer frame. (Not the 75's.

JB

chris in va
August 22, 2010, 12:28 PM
Keep an eye on the firing pin retainer plate on your Kadet. After about the 1500 mark, mine decided to walk itself out, sending the firing pin, plate and spring into the dirt 10' behind me.

CZ sent me a new firing pin spring which seems to better secure the plate.