PDA

View Full Version : New citadel 45 front sight slides around

SQUAREKNOT
August 2, 2010, 09:31 PM
I just bought this gun and ran 500+ rounds through it. It shoots 4" low at 25 yards but the real problem is the front sight is loose enough to push off by hand! Anyone know how to tighten the triangular cut so the sight will stay in place? For a $500 1911 its a steal. The mags are way too tight but good enough for practice.
TIA

dahermit
August 3, 2010, 08:03 AM
Several methods.
1) Use a center punch to raise dimples on the bottom of the sight cut.
2) Solder a flat shim of brass on the bottom of the sight.
3) Drill and tap a hole through the sight for an Allen (socket head), screw.
4) Red loctite.

SQUAREKNOT
August 5, 2010, 10:40 PM
I sent an e-mail to the manufacturer and got a response in about an hour.
Send it back for a free fix. The dealer is paying the shipping.
Armscor is who is doing the repair NOT CITADEL
I was much impressed

CowTowner
August 6, 2010, 10:12 AM
Make sure you tells us when you get it back. I'd like to know what the turn-around time is.

T. O'Heir
August 7, 2010, 12:28 AM
"...just bought this gun...front sight is loose..." Take it back.

SQUAREKNOT
September 12, 2010, 08:54 PM
Finally got my gun back. They put on a new front sight, polished the feed ramp and barrel throat and tuned the extractor.No charge,not even freight.
The round trip took 36 days. I got a note from the guy that fixed the sight and all the rest of the free tuning that was dated 8-27-10 so it was in the shipping system for 13-14 days on the return trip.
Looks like the factory is doing its job but shipping from Pahrump NV. to Grand Forks ND was over two weeks. I wonder how long it took to get there?
The Gun shoots great. All the brass in one small pile and it now longer
FTF on any of the 200 gr SWC I shoot. It did fairly often before they worked it over. I have no complaints

TXGunNut
September 12, 2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the good report, SQUAREKNOT. Kinda curious about the shipping time too. How was it shipped? Even USPS moves better than that.
I put in a loose-fitting front sight awhile back. Was only maybe .002-.003" undersize so I put a carefully trimmed piece of Scotch tape on the underside of the sight-that was 6-7 yrs ago. Wouldn't have done that on a new gun w/ factory sights, tho. Good job!