PDA

View Full Version : Police Shootings: Who, What and How Many

45ACPShooter
August 1, 2010, 09:24 AM
Police Shootings: Who, What and How Many

The Oregonian

April 25, 1992

The Portland Police Bureau studied 29 police shootings from 1988 through 1991(To Read More:

http://www.theppsc.org/Archives/DF_Articles/Files/Oregon/92-Oregonian_Study.htm)
----------------------------------------------------------------
I thought this article was interesting.

Capt. Charlie
August 1, 2010, 12:10 PM
I thought this article was interesting.

It is, .45, but there's a couple of problems.

First, this is a drive-by. There's no focus, and no direction for discussion.

Second (and this is a new problem for all of us), you'll note that I deleted the text of the article. There are several current lawsuits in the court system charging several websites with copyright infringement. This occurred when those websites allowed a "cut and paste" of an article from another site, in this case, newspapers.

We are currently in the process of developing policy on this to protect both TFL and you, the poster, from possible litigation. In the mean time, we are not allowing the cut and paste, or verbatim quotation of ANY article obtained outside of TFL.

If your post refers to an article, please post a link ONLY, until we get this mess sorted out.

We apologize for the inconvenience (and it IS a serious inconvenience), as it makes it a real pain when a poster is asked for references, but it's nowhere near the inconvenience of being a defendant in a lawsuit ;).

Sorry, but closed.