PDA

View Full Version : HK P2000sk LEM...

Mokumbear
July 29, 2010, 09:56 PM
Let's pretend that money is not an object. (As if!)

Does the 9mm HK P2000sk LEM blow away the Ruger LCP, Kahr PM9, etc?

Can you carry the 9mm HK P2000sk LEM discreetly in light clothing like shorts?
Is an IWB holster the way to go?

I like guns you can keep for a lifetime. Am I barking up the right tree?

Your thoughts?

rsxr22
July 29, 2010, 10:50 PM
i love my sk. its definitely not a pistol that can go in gym shorts. But it can be easily concealed with other light clothing. I am out in Atlanta and our summers are pretty hot. I carry mine a lot iwb with shorts and a tee shirt.

cmdc
July 30, 2010, 08:21 AM
I have all of those guns, well I traded the sk 9mm for a .40, actually. The sk is a completely different animal. Shoots better than either of the others, but it is bigger than the PM. Are you looking for a pocket gun? If so, the sk is not a good choice, but a great firearm nonetheless. It is definitely one that your heirs will get. The sk in .40 is not bad to shoot at all, but I had a PM in .40 and besides having reliability issues it was a bear to shoot, which is why I traded it for the 9mm.

Zhillsauditor
July 30, 2010, 09:22 AM
I only shot the hk once, and I really did not like the mag release. Trigger was interesting, and it was accurate. I am not very accurate with my PM9 (others have been, but it doesn't really fit me too well), but the concealability more than makes up for it, and I am accurate enough out to 25 feet.

Coltman 77
July 30, 2010, 09:44 AM
I have a P2000 SK V3 in 9mm and absolutely love it.

It's a tack driver and extremely reliable, as you'd expect from HK.

mdell2
July 30, 2010, 06:56 PM
Yes it does, great weapon for the money. I had one and regret selling it. You wont be sorry. The reason I sold mine was I wanted to do a few things to it and aftermarket parts are scarce along with extended mags. I love the LEM trigger and it was an awesome shooter.

df662
July 31, 2010, 07:49 AM
You might also want to look at the HK P30. The price on used ones has come down quite a bit, they are nice and compact and are the latest gen. HK 9mm pistol.

Takedown
August 2, 2010, 01:10 PM
I get my CCW permit in a few days and have been trying on my HK P2000sk (I have two) in a Galco Summer Comfort wearing only shorts and a t-shirt (using a good belt) and have no issues concealing it, in fact I have the x-grip extension with larger magazine and conceal those just as well.

BTW, I also ordered flat base plates for all the magazines, this helps keeps the point of the finger extension from protruding and it feels better in my grip as well.

DAdams
August 2, 2010, 01:51 PM
You may wish to also consider the Walther P99C in 9 or 40.
I found it more comfortable and a better hand fit than the HK. Excellent quality and a couple hundred less taboot.
I like the Walther SA trigger better than the LEM but you may prefer the QA.

Dave S.
August 2, 2010, 04:28 PM
The HK P2000SK and the Walther P99C are very comparable in quality. Really depends on which trigger you prefer. The P30 is quite a bit bigger.