PDA

View Full Version : CZ 82 work

ks_wayward_son
July 21, 2010, 03:10 PM
1.)Been have some feeding issues with my CZ 82. I know I NEED to clean it, but was thinking of some other things which could perhaps be done also. I was watching someone on youtube using a Dremel, buffing pad, and compound as a do it yourself feed ramp polishing. I was also considering maybe installing a new factory recoil spring from Wolff. Perhaps I should just give it a good cleaning and see if that does the trick first?

BOP222
July 21, 2010, 07:08 PM
As with any military surplus..you just don't know how many rounds have been fired (although the 82s I have, seems to have been stored more than shot) but yes, a good cleaning would be the first thing to do...

Could you explain "feeding problems"? It shoots then doesn't feed the next round? Won't strip off the top round when the slide moves forward? Feed vs ejects?

Springs are certainly cheap enough...

Shadow7d
July 23, 2010, 12:40 AM
The most common problem is that you have a .380 mag that you are trying to cram a 9mak through, they are the same mag, but have different angles for the feed lips,

Do you know that mag is the correct one (hint, it should have a Czech army acceptance mark, crossed swords stamp about an inch above the baseplate)

after that, these are used guns, but every one I've seen and fired was fine, only the mags and that damn sear spring seem to give problems.