PDA

View Full Version : Interarms Mark x safty????

Hog Hunter
July 6, 2010, 04:20 PM
I just purchased a used interarms mark x in 7mm rem mag from a nearby pawn shop. I went and shot it the day I got it and noticed the safty on it didnt feal like it was engaging all the way into the safty position. So befor I shot I tried to dry fire it with the safty on and it did. I took it back to the house and took it apart and cleaned it very well. I also adjusted it to where the safty would engage all the way and it still fired in the safty position. I got it to where it wouldnt fire with the safty on after some time of researching and messing with the adjustments on the trigger. It has a two position safty on it witch I dont like on this style trigger. The question I have is there a three position safty I can get for this rifle or is there somethin I can do to make this one work better.

Also, the trigger rubs aginst the housing it is in and dose not have a smooth pull at all. While I was trying to get it to dry fire in the safty position after fixing it the trigger hung up on the wall of the housing and when I pushed the safty off it then fired. Has anyone else had problems with these trigger on these rifle, and how should I go about fixing it.

PetahW
July 6, 2010, 04:38 PM
That trigger MIGHT be fixable, if it were completely disassembled/rebuilt (it might have a bent internal pivot, etc) - but I wouldn't bother, as there's much better choices available.

Keep in mind the any trigger for a Mauser 98 should fit your Mark-X with little or no fitting - if not the stock inletting.

Ergo, a Winchester Model 70 type, 3-position safety which replaces the bolt sleeve/cocking piece will give you the safety you would like - but they're expensive ($150 +/-).

Once a bolt sleeve safety is installed, an adjustable trigger w/o a safety can be installed/adjusted ($49).

If you DON'T install the 3-position safety, then an adjustable trigger with an integral side safety can be had from Midway or Brownell's ($60).

James K
July 6, 2010, 08:02 PM
Hi, Hog Hunter,

Unless you are more familiar with that action than you seem to be, I think you should consult a gunsmith. Several things don't seem right and it is possible that someone messed with the trigger and/or some other part(s) and then decided to let someone else have the "benefits" of a dangerous rifle.

Jim

Hog Hunter
July 6, 2010, 08:08 PM
Im am familular with a rem 700 but not really with this one, and thats what I was thinkin, so ill take it to my gunsmith and see what he says about it. tahnks for the help guys!!