PDA

View Full Version : Range Report Taurus TCP

RickE
July 5, 2010, 07:54 PM
Ok, not exactly a gun range, but more like a stump on my daughter's Eastern Washington acreage. I have had the handy little pocket gun for about a month, and just found the time and place to try it out. Only 50 rounds available however. I wished I had taken more, as it was fun to shoot! Not too snappy, excellent trigger for a DAO. I went through the 50 in no time and could have shot much more, with no discomfort. Accuracy was pretty decent at about 15 yards. If the stump had a kill zone, it would be history. I don't remember the last time I had that much fun with any other pistol. Oh, only one FTE/FTF, I tried a one handed shot, and must have limp wristed it. My fault, as I payed more attention the second try, and no problems. A perfect daily carry in any weather, and light summer garb, except those of you in Speedos! Try carrying that way, and you may end up like the idiot in Lowes.

Bottom line... it was just what I was looking for. My PPKS was a pain in the ass, had others over the years with no issues, but the last one was not worth spending any more time trying to fix.