PDA

View Full Version : Sig P238 - I called it in after 600 rounds

W42
June 16, 2010, 12:42 PM
after 4 trips to the range and thorough cleanings after each I wasnt having as many problems but I want ZERO. Called sig CS just now and without any hesitation he took my address to send a new recoil spring and magazine which should be here in 7-10 days. Hope that and "breaking it in" will have solved these issues. love the gun... when it works :)

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_oOtkbvEP9iE/TBg8uADSiKI/AAAAAAAAjW4/ReIxtw57Iog/s1024/lastRound.jpg

Chettt
June 16, 2010, 12:52 PM
Right after these went on sale, the local gun boards started to advertise used ones for sale. It's a shame because they are so nice looking.

W42
June 16, 2010, 12:56 PM
I got mine used! haha... It showed no signs of wear AT ALL. The local guy said it is a customer that buys/sells every two weeks. I LOVE the size, look, feel, accuracy but obviously want it to work well. I know it should work straight out of the box, but ive honestly modded everything Ive ever owned and had planned on putting a wolf spring in it, reducing the trigger weight, etc, but will wait and see how this recoil spring and new mag act before messing with anything.

http://unbweaveable.com/mod-everything

Texas Solo
June 16, 2010, 03:25 PM
I really like my 238 too....when it doesn't jam. I called it quits after 200 rounds and only two mags emptied without a problem. That's just too much ammo to call it a breaking in thing. Sig did not hesitate to offer me the shipping also. They received it today.

What type of jams were you having? Mine were all failures to extract. New round would run into old spent case still in the chamber.

IMTHDUKE
June 16, 2010, 03:28 PM
Well, I have read too many of these, "great little gun when it doesn't jam" threads that I am going to either wait for the SW Bodyguard 380 to hit the streets or get a Kahr PM9....Kahr is ok but I have a Rohrbaugh R9, so not hot to trot on the Kahr.

W42
June 16, 2010, 04:25 PM
went to the local shop and they had two pretty new p238's in. I asked to see them and checked the mag and they did in fact have the 3rd style mag in them (same as I have coming with my recoil spring). Hopefully new owners wont have any problems. I love this gun.

I have no intent of selling... im sure that it will "get right". I have no problem working with a smith to get this thing exactly how i want it. The size and accuracy for a 9mm short is just too good to pass on.

jreXD9
June 16, 2010, 04:48 PM
mine worked just fine. The only guns I've had give me trouble were a Bersa .380 (a few feed/eject issues) and a Para Ordnance Nighthog .45 (CONSTANT issues, got rid of it quickly).

MPanova
June 17, 2010, 10:58 AM
My P238 came with a bad mag that caused the rounds to nose dive, called Sig and told them about it and they sent me a new one, while I was waiting on the new mag I bought a sig mag and a mustang mag at my local dealer and they made the gun run 100%. when I got the package from Sig it actually had two mags in it so now I have a great gun with 4 working mags. I was supose to only use this as my BUG but I can't help putting a few hundred rounds through it every time I go to the range, it's a sweet shooting pistol