PDA

View Full Version : Summer guns

payden
June 7, 2010, 01:26 PM
We have hit triple digits once again. So, let’s hear about summer guns and methods of carry. Personally I tend to carry my LCP in my strong side pocket. The only addition I need is set of Crimson Trace.

jgcoastie
June 7, 2010, 01:29 PM
My summer guns are the same as my winter guns.

SigSauer SP2022 - 9mm
Bianchi IWB Holster

Glock 20SF - 10mm
Blackhawk SERPA Holster

No need for me to change just yet, but it was a blistering 45 degrees outside this morning...

Leejack
June 7, 2010, 01:31 PM
We have hit triple digits once again. So, let’s hear about summer guns and methods of carry. Personally I tend to carry my LCP in my strong side pocket. The only addition I need is set of Crimson Trace.

Much like the Governor! :D

Lee

payden
June 7, 2010, 01:34 PM
I must say a Kahr PM9 may be in my future as well. I'd like to have somthing with a little more "umph".

J.Netto
June 7, 2010, 01:40 PM
I think my favorite " Summer Gun " is a Glock 27.

I'm also fond of small frame revolvers too.

If I could I would just carry a 5" 1911 all of the time. - Sometimes I just can't.

But, that has more to do with my back, than with the weather.

ATW525
June 7, 2010, 01:56 PM
Summer gun is the same Glock 36 that is my winter gun. Never saw much point to downgrading weapons for the months when you're most likely to encounter other people out and about.

Les Maynard
June 7, 2010, 02:05 PM
Kimber Ultra CDP II 45acp or 9mm I have both and rotate them. If the temp is over 90. It is a Sig P238 SAS. Rarely I carry my Kimber Eclipse Custom II.Hopefully I will be carrying a Kimber Pro Raptor II stainless if it ever gets here.:cool:

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx224/skull39/Sig%20P238%20Equinox%20and%20SAS/SigP238EquinoxandSAS005.jpg

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx224/skull39/Kimber007.jpg

payden
June 7, 2010, 02:10 PM
Where did you get the leather for your Sig? Very Nice. Is that shark on the contact points?

timothy75
June 7, 2010, 02:18 PM
Ooooh a spyderco! Same old 642 for me this summer, maybe a glock 26 if I can get it in my front pocket.

NWCP
June 7, 2010, 02:38 PM
As the weather warms up and concealment becomes an issue I switch from a full size HK USP 40 to my Kahr PM9. Both are carried slightly behind my strong side hip in leather IWB holsters. I used to carry a .380, but the 9mm Kahr changed all of that.

Les Maynard
June 7, 2010, 03:47 PM
Google Little Bear Holsters in Jacksonville,Florida.
Dave is a great guy and will make you a great holster. Yes the trim is Shark. I only use his or Milt Sparks Holsters. The top holster with the Kimber pictures is a Little Bear he made for one of my Ultra CDP II's I have a 9mm and a 45acp. Hope you send pictues if you get a LB.

ajgranda
June 7, 2010, 04:07 PM
XD40SC in an MTAC coming soon for my summer carry and before that G26 in a cheap Desantis IWB metal clip holster.

Stevie-Ray
June 7, 2010, 10:15 PM
Same as winter, Kimber Ultra CDP, OWB Don Hume JIT slide, with t-shirt instead of coat covering. I used to wear the t-shirts tucked in, but changed the 30 year habit when I started carrying. During strange times like today when I was working on my truck, I do not carry the Kimber, but still have the "always" P32 BUG in back pocket.

zombieslayer
June 9, 2010, 06:30 AM
Lcp. In a DeSantis "insider" iwb holster.

45Gunner
June 9, 2010, 08:27 AM
My summer guns are the same as my winter guns.

Exactly the same for me...my method of concealment or how I dress may vary. I have different holsters to be worn according to the style of dress which, of course, if dependent upon the ambient temperature conditions.

The only time I change guns is when I change environment. I have specific guns for "the street," which are not the same guns I will take with me if I am in a "jungle," and I have a different set of guns if I am going to a very sandy area. I have yet another set of guns if I am going to be in a marine environment. I say the best way to describe this is "mission specific" and not a factor of the seasonal change.

Sarge
June 9, 2010, 08:38 AM
Glock 23 in a Safariland #27, under a loose tail-out t-shirt or button-up summer shirt.

rptrower
June 9, 2010, 09:14 AM
I summer carry my LCP in a Desantis Nemisis Cargo Holster in cargo pants or shorts. I take the front strip of velcro off for easier access. My upper body down to my waist tends to sweat profusly so cargo pockets keeps the pistol somewhat isolated from moisture. Cargo pockest are also much better to draw from when seated such as in a vehicle.
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv136/MoHawke/Elsies.jpg

Cheapshooter
June 9, 2010, 11:19 AM
Ruger LCP in DeSantis Superfly pocket holster. Either right front or right back pocket.
http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii385/bobwehnert/RRtargetlcp031.jpg http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii385/bobwehnert/RRtargetlcp019.jpg

headbangerJD
June 9, 2010, 11:24 AM
My summer carry, well, everyday carry, is a Seecamp 32 in a Nemesis pocket holster. My fiance calls it a 'cricket,' like the tiny gun Will Smith used in the Men in Black movie :D

Deputy Dog
June 9, 2010, 11:34 AM
Same as winter carry, either a 229 .40 in a Galco summer comfrot or S&W 1911 5" in a Black hawke serpa, or a Glock 21 in a galco concealable belt holster. Magazine pouch is double mag paddle carrier from Gould & Goodrich.

Thinking about buying a mitch rosen or don hume IWB or something to that effect.

DD

threegun
June 9, 2010, 12:09 PM
Same all year round.....Glock 30 in a fag bag with a spare model 21 mag. Plus the wallet, checkbook, change, some ibuprofen, and my car keys should I choose to put them in it.

Makes getting ready to go as easy as a snap.Everything I need to leave the house in one snap.

I may change methods of carry but rarely change guns.

Also add the p-32 keltec on the ankle, in the waist, or around the neck depending on the situation.

AdamSean
June 9, 2010, 04:56 PM
I do miss those jacket-wearing months in AL. I can no longer carry my Sig P250 so I am currently carrying a Bersa Thunder .380.

COSteve
June 9, 2010, 05:33 PM
Depends where I'm carrying.

Summer CCW gun:

My Glock G23, TruGlo TFOs with 13+1rds 180grn Speer Gold Dots, in a MacDaniel II:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/Coloradoglocker/100_1405.jpg

Summer 'Walking in the Rockies' gun:

My Custom G20L, Bo-Mar / Dawson sights with 17+1rds 200grn 10mm in a Yaqui slide.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/Coloradoglocker/100_0773.jpg

teumessian_fox
June 9, 2010, 05:45 PM
Sig P239 9mm SAS DAK in a Galco Concealable. Same gun in a Comptac.

I just bought a Glock 19 and will likely carry it in a Comptac.

Summer carry for me means a loose fitting shirt square bottom worn outside the belt.

gun nut
June 9, 2010, 10:19 PM
My summer carry is an lcp. Either iwb(galco) or one of a couple pocket holsters.

ET.
June 10, 2010, 01:09 AM
Right now it is a Glock 27 with a 357sig conversion barrel from Storm Lake. But I've got my sites on one of the smaller bugs...possibly the TCP or the LCP. I need it quick cause it is heating up in Savannah, Ga. in more ways than one!!!!:eek:

PS. Someone please talk me out of the 9mm Cobra derringer (2 shot) that I almost bought today on line!!!!!

hickok45
June 11, 2010, 08:45 AM
I like my G27, PM9, or P380, depending on attire.

This is one of those threads where some will likely claim to carry their .45 Government Model year round, even in the hot, humid south. I suspect, though, that if somebody randomly checked them at different times on different days while they are out and around, the .45 would often be left in the car or left at home.

In actuality, the guy with the LCP, PM9, etc. is better armed because he IS armed more often and will not be a victim of Murphy.

Just my .02 worth.

P.S. Many of our favorite shooting trainers who scoff at the thought of packing a mouse gun spend the vast majority of their days on a shooting range wearing open carry in a belt holster, of course.

Glock_19
June 11, 2010, 08:57 AM
G26 in a Crossbreed Supertuck and of course I always have my Benchmade on me.

Uzi4u2
June 11, 2010, 03:33 PM
Summer Winter Spring or Fall my Para Ordnance P13 is up to the call. Now when I want true concealment I go with my Seecamp .32 acp. You can store this gun in its own little holster that appears to everyone to be a wallet. Just leave you real wallet at home and store your debit card in the holster.

O'Dell
June 11, 2010, 04:50 PM
Summer carry is a Kahr PM45 in my front pants pocket. Occasionally, a CW9 in the same carry if I feel I need the 2 extra rounds.