PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Metal BUG....

45Gunner
May 31, 2010, 09:09 AM
If you carry a metal gun and utilize a BUG, is it also metal or do you prefer plastic for the BUG? Two plastics? Plastic primary with metal back-up?

I carry a Kimber Stainless Pro Carry (.45ACP) for my EDC gun. At one time I utilized another 1911 as a BUG because I wanted to have both guns with the same caliber. I soon discovered that the 1911 was much too heavy for BUG concealment and bought a Glock 36 when they first hit the market. It has been my BUG for years until Kimber came out with the Ultra CDP II. The Kimber is only minutely heavier than my Glock so depending upon how I am dressed usually dictates what BUG I use. To clarify, I carry my Glock in a fanny pack which gets pretty abused. The Glock is tough and will handle the abuse along with lint and the dirt that collects in the fanny pack.

What are your carry combinations?

threegun
May 31, 2010, 09:24 AM
My bug is a Kel-tec p32. My carry a G30. My open carry a G21.

Not a plastic vs steel thing just what works for me.

WC145
May 31, 2010, 09:45 AM
S&W 1911 primary
S&W scandium j-frame BUG

I don't have any issues with plastic guns. It's just worked out that I've gravitated towards metal frames and sold or traded away all of my polymer frame pistols except for two Kel-Tecs, a P3AT and a PLR-16.

Shadi Khalil
May 31, 2010, 09:54 AM
How do you BUG guys do it? I can hardly stand carrying one with a spare mag.

threegun
May 31, 2010, 10:00 AM
I don't do it all the time. I carry my BUG on the ankle. It sucks and just gets plain hard to do. Plus I wear shorts alot.

WC145
May 31, 2010, 11:21 AM
Usually I only carry a BUG when I'm on duty. My uniform pants have two pockets sewn to the pant leg inside the cargo pockets and it fits perfectly in the front one. Of course the gun only weights 13oz, that makes it easier.