PDA

View Full Version : bolt stuck on MArlin mod. 60

mtnsmith
May 24, 2010, 03:43 PM
Hi Ya'll I haven't posted much here but I love this forum... I am having a problem with my model 60 Marlin .22 semi auto rifle.. The bolt is stuck to the rear.. I have never had this problem and I haven't taken the gun apart before either.. Has anyone experienced this problem before? Where can I get detailed take down instructions, and reassembly? Any help would be appreciated..

mtnsmith............

Clark500
May 24, 2010, 05:11 PM
I don't have any ideas on how to fix your problem, but you can find takedown instructions here:

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/pdfs/manuals/MFC_Self_Load_RF_Tube.pdf

ForneyRider
May 24, 2010, 05:27 PM
Probably just needs a thorough cleaning. We had one jam up this summer that has never been cleaned.

john323
May 24, 2010, 05:27 PM
Try moving the bolt handle.

oneoldsap
May 25, 2010, 07:06 AM
I bet you have either a broken recoil buffer ( $8.55 + shipping from Brownells or GunParts Corp. ), or a really cruddy gun , or both . You can go to either of those sights and download a schematic for your gun . The Marlin Model 60 is about as simple as a semi auto gets , just knock out a couple pins and everything falls out the bottom. Marlins sight has instructions for you !

RimfireChris
May 25, 2010, 10:09 AM
+ 1 on the broken recoil buffer, that's what my buddies did. in addition to the two above you can also try MidwayUSA's site, they might be a bit cheaper. Either way, download the schematic and once you get the part it's pretty clear where it goes, think it took us all of about 5 min. to get his runnin again.

mtnsmith
May 25, 2010, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the info ya'll I will get on it..

mtnsmith...

gunuserfixer
May 26, 2010, 11:45 AM
mtnsmith: Does the charging hndl. also lock the bolt back? Try pulling out on the hndl. while applying some back pressure.