PDA

View Full Version : ruger p345

terrym
May 13, 2010, 09:23 PM
Just wanted to find out a little info about this gun. Thinking of getting one tomorrow. I'll be using it for concealed carry. also the price is 537.50 out the door. any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

hexidismal
May 13, 2010, 10:07 PM
Well, right off the bat that price seems high even for a stainless model. Way too high for a blued.

However, I've had one for about 5 years and love it. I typically don't like plastic guns, I'm old school that way, the P345 is my only one. For the last few years really I've been looking for a reason to sell the thing just to be free of plastic entirely, but the darned thing just works too well.
It's every bit as accurate (maybe even moreso) in my hands as a 5" springer 1911 (loaded model).
It's certainly one of my most malfunction free guns. The only issues I ever had was #1 for some reason my gun wasn't fond of a golden sabers and #2 Using pro-mag brand magazines (P90 mags) , which of course are always horrible and in no way the fault of the gun. I can't remember ever having any malfunctions using the factory mags and any other ammo FMJ or JHP.
The trigger on mine is alright, better after some trigger work. It was a long time ago and I don't really remember it well before I did the fluffing and buffing.

As far as carry is concerned.. some people might think it's too big, but I liked it just fine. I used it as my CCW gun for a year or two, and if I didn't have a 1911 (my personal preference for an SAO action) I still would carry it. I certainly have a number of choices, but the P345 still does nightstand duty with a TLR-2 on it. I trust it, and I guess that says it all really.

terrym
May 13, 2010, 10:17 PM
hexidismal Thanks for the info.

railroader
May 13, 2010, 10:38 PM
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_49_75/products_id/12753 Stainless$456 shipped plus your transfer. They also have the blued model for $428 shipped. Mark

terrym
May 14, 2010, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the price info . i ended up not getting the ruger p345. instead got a springfield 1911 a1 gi . this is my first 1911 and all i can say is why have i never shot one of these before. :) . i think i'm gonna put my glock down for awhile. the only think i don't like about it is the ejected rounds are hitting my head other than that it is very nice shooting so far.

http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz347/flypuz/IMAG0039.jpg

ESI Agent
May 14, 2010, 06:26 PM
I have a blued P345 and carry it as a duty weapon. It's been 100% no issues to
mention. It's been very reliable and is very accurate. I shoot a perfect score with it and I really like the feel of it. As far as safety features they don't bother me. I guess it depends on the circumstances and so far they are not an issue and it's made in the U.S. :cool: