PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody seen the new ATI GSG 1911?

ManWithaPlan
May 13, 2010, 04:19 PM
Hi everybody,

I am very interested in the new GSG 1911 in .22lr. People have been talking about for years, but apparently it was finally released.

Has anybody actually seen it or bought it?

There is a video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK3sbMtZsgE

Any (good or bad) opinion is appreciated.

tekarra
May 13, 2010, 07:22 PM
This is the first I have learned of the ATF. May I suggest you buy the first one, shoot it a lot and post a range report.:) Your fellow forum members would be appreaciative.

ManWithaPlan
May 14, 2010, 10:20 AM
Really? I have seen a lot of talk about it on different forums. I thought someone would have already seen it in person by now.

I am this close to buying it.

ProjectCamaro
May 14, 2010, 10:43 AM
ATI has been talking about this forever and the release dates keep getting pushed back again and again. It's really annoying.

ManWithaPlan
May 14, 2010, 01:23 PM
Exactly, they have been talking about it for years, yet nobody has actually seen the thing. I am really curious about it, since it is supposed to be all steel. I heard it is out.

I have also shot 100 rounds with the GSG MP5 clone, and was somewhat impressed with the quality. If the pricing is right, I will end up getting this pistol.

greyson97
May 14, 2010, 01:27 PM
i heard its gonna be a lot of pot metal and plastic. I hated all the plastic they had on the GSG AK and GSG mp5.

personally id buy a GI RIA and a $200 conversion kit

ProjectCamaro
May 14, 2010, 01:41 PM
Exactly, they have been talking about it for years, yet nobody has actually seen the thing. I am really curious about it, since it is supposed to be all steel. I heard it is out.

I have also shot 100 rounds with the GSG MP5 clone, and was somewhat impressed with the quality. If the pricing is right, I will end up getting this pistol.

The ATI reps say the first batch is on the boat heading to the U.S but that they have already sold way more than that batch has so it'll be awhile before we see them and even longer before we see them at the right prices.

I also own a GSG-5 and I have to say I was also impressed with the quality. I bought it via GunBroker.com without ever seeing one in person and I was not expecting it to be as well made as it was. I'm sure their 1911 will be a quality pistol.

ManWithaPlan
May 14, 2010, 01:42 PM
Oh Lord please let there be no pot metal. There is another imported .22lr 1911, the Chiappa, which was described in many reviews as "substantially lighter" than an ordinary 1911. Ordinary 1911 grips don´t fit in it either. It is probably better to wait for a few opinions before shelling out my hard earned money for this ATI one.

I don´t like conversion kits, and a cheap, full steel .22lr 1911 is just what I needed. The Kimber .22lr 1911s are made of zync or some other alloy, and this Chiappas one just goes without saying.

RickB
May 14, 2010, 01:46 PM
Walther/Umarex has a new "Colt" .22 coming out, in the $400 price range. Actually a range of models; G.I., railed, and Gold Cup. The pics look similar to what's in the youtube clip, but I don't know if the ATI gun is a 1911 "look" pistol, like the Chiappa .22, or is it a 1911 in .22? The Walther is supposed to be the latter, as far as grips, safeties, and other small parts are concerned, so it can be accessorized like a "real" 1911.

ManWithaPlan
May 14, 2010, 01:58 PM
That sounds even better. I could not find the pics, do you got a link?

(Also what the hell with Walther marketing these Umarex toys with a big Carl Walther printed on it!?!)

EdInk
May 14, 2010, 02:39 PM
I have no complaints about my GSG5. It is a well made .22 and I would hope the same will be true for the 1911.

RickB
May 14, 2010, 03:57 PM
That sounds even better. I could not find the pics, do you got a link?

(Also what the hell with Walther marketing these Umarex toys with a big Carl Walther printed on it!?!)

http://www.shootingwire.com/story/217523

Venom1956
May 15, 2010, 03:53 AM
I dunno i found the Colt .22 AR to be somewhat 'lacking' i think that the GSG will be quite nice if it is in fact all steel... I always need to SEE the gun before I'll lay money down. The Chiappa I held was a pile of garbage IMO no offense to anyone who liked it, just my opinion.