PDA

View Full Version : P229 Elite Stainless - still waiting..

Uncle Malice
May 13, 2010, 02:57 PM
I've had a P229 Elite Stainless paid for, on order from Sig since the first week of January...

I just spoke with the Victoria in Customer Service and she said that they are in the process of building them now, and they should start showing up towards the end of June or possibly early July.

Sheesh... I can't wait! I've already got the new style Crimson Trace grips for it.

DBAR
May 13, 2010, 03:19 PM
I feel your pain. I've had a P229 SAS Gen II (357 Sig) on order for the same amount of time. I've been told that I should be getting it soon, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

DBAR

Oldjarhead
May 13, 2010, 05:20 PM
I faced the same issue you did this past year. I ordered a Sig Sauer P229 all blue Gen 2 .40 caliber pistol on August 28th 2009. I finally got it on December 10th, 2009. A lot of emails, phone calls to my Dealer and Sig.

It was explained to me that the specialized guns, like mine and I guess I would say your Elite stainless, are not made in bulk sales like the standard production Sigs. I was told that Sig likes to wait until they get enough orders of the more customized guns like mine, with the carry melt treatment, SRT, etc. before they are shipped. The best option is if your dealer has a distributor that has certain custom guns on hand, instead of waiting for the shipment directly from Sig. I was almost at the point of canceling the deal and going with www.topgunsupply.com, who had my gun in stock.

I can honestly say though that now that I have my custom Sig, it was worth the wait for me. I got a "phantom" kydex molded holster that is shaped exactly to the contours of my pistol, and just "snaps" in place when you holster it. It is made by Raven Concealment and you can order it though www.themalabarfront.com. Good luck. I hope your pistol comes in soon.

Texsun
May 13, 2010, 06:54 PM
I bought mine in November. Every time I take it to the range the guys always drool over it and say how stunning it is. I saved for a year to get it and am glad I did....Mines in 40. and shoots great. Over a thousand down the pipe and it has been flawless.

geetarman
May 13, 2010, 07:13 PM
I HEAR WHAT YOU ARE SAYIN!!!!!

I ended up buying 5 Sigs last year and I know I paid too much for them.

I have the P229 with CT sights and that thing is a JOY to shoot. The trigger is just getting better and better. I talked to a guy at the range with a Sig ID badge and he told me the gun would continue to get better.

I am fortunate to have 3 Elite stainless steel guns with the SRT.

I have two with the alloy frame and the black finish. They shoot good but not in the same league ( IMO ) as the stainless ones.

All in all, I am happy as a clam with Sig and at this point the P229 in 9mm is the best of the bunch. The P220 is getting better as is the P226.

Any way you slice it, Sig makes a fine gun.:D

Texsun
May 13, 2010, 07:39 PM
Someone post a pic of their sweet P229 Elite stainless...TTIWWOP!

varoadking
May 13, 2010, 08:16 PM
Someone post a pic of their sweet P229 Elite stainless...TTIWWOP!

Bottom right...with other SiG's...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/varoadking/Mancave/test2020.jpg

rsxr22
May 13, 2010, 08:29 PM
i hope you get it soon, i know what it is like to have to wait for a pistol... I have given up putting orders in for pistols. I will look and research and if i cant find it reasonably priced locally, i just pick one up from the internet

Texsun
May 14, 2010, 09:50 AM
Sporting Arms in Lewisville Texas (outside Dallas) had it in stock. They usually have everything in stock and are cheaper than any place I had found mine was $ 1,029 in November....They have a website.

Uncle Malice
May 14, 2010, 10:18 AM
Thanks guys. Yeah, I can't wait. I already have the P220 Elite Stainless, so I know the quality of the gun... that probably makes it even worse - since I actually know what I'm missing! Mine is in .40 too. I have seen the 9mm versions on gunbroker and stuff but that's not what I'm looking for.

The bummer is: When I ordered it in January, my shop called all of their distributors and no one had it - nor did they know when they would be getting any. So my shop ordered directly from Sig. At that time, Sig told them it should be somewhere between 8-10 weeks. Well, after 11 weeks, I asked my shop. They called Sig.. and were told just another 2-3 weeks.

3 weeks later, I had them call.. and they were told another 2-3 weeks... and so on... until 2 weeks ago - being the last time I had my shop ask. I was getting kind of fed up with the repeated 2-3 week time frame going on for 2-3 months.

That is why I finally just called Sig directly yesterday. I didn't ask about my order(since it wasn't me that had it on order)... I just asked about when they would be shipping more P229 Elite Stainless models and the late June/early July answer is what I got. I'm fine with that. Hell, they could have told me 6 months back in January and I would have been okay with it, but don't keep changing the story on me. That's irritating. I learned a long time ago that the best business method is to under promise and over deliver. If they would have told me 8 months, and I got it in 6... I would be ecstatic. When they tell you 2 months,, and it takes 6... that's annoying.

DBAR
May 14, 2010, 03:58 PM
Hey Uncle,

I've gone through the exact same thing you've been going through! I've pretty much just put it out of my mind. That is until I read a thread about someone else waiting for a Sig P229, or a thread about the 357 Sig, then it starts all over again. Like you, I can wait for this one, since I know the quality of the handgun I'm waiting for. I also have a P220 SAO, so I know the wait is worth it. I understand that Sig is building different models at different times, and they usually wait until they have a large number of orders before they start on their "Custom Shop" builds. Which aren't all that "Custom" anyways, but that's how it is.... Hang in there, hope you get it soon. Let me know when you get yours though. It might shed some light on when I get mine, and if I get mine, I'll post up here for you.

DBAR

lsufan1971
May 15, 2010, 08:51 AM
I purchased a P226 ST Elite from top gun a couple of months ago. Gun has 100% cool factor but I have been unimpressed with the trigger. It is not crisp an has lots of creep in it. It is an SRT. I think it's going to Bill Springfield for a trigger job.

DBAR
May 17, 2010, 02:24 PM
I just got my Sig P229 SAS Gen II in .357 Sig today. Yours should be arriving any day. My FFL dealers Sig. Rep. told him that all of the P229's are shipping. My dealer got an SCT, my SAS, and another Stainless model, all in today. I was driving by his store on the way to lunch and saw the Federal Express truck setting in his drive way. By the time I got to the restraunt, I got a call from him. I inhaled my lunch, and went and picked up my Baby. I'll post up in a few days for everyone to see.

I hope you get yours soon....

Good Luck,

DBAR

Uncle Malice
May 18, 2010, 07:19 AM
Thank man,

I called up my shop after I got your message and had them give the rep a call. They called me back right away and said that they are working their way through the backlog and getting everything shipped out. According to them, I should have it within the next 2 weeks (I feel like I've heard this before:rolleyes:) but it could be a couple days or it could be the full 2 weeks. I guess they are just going through the orders in a first-in/first-out kind of order...

We'll see though. You guys will be the first to know! :cool: