PDA

View Full Version : new glock

durelle
May 12, 2010, 02:02 AM
just got a new glock 21 .45 a.c.p whats the best ammo i should put through it?

GojuBrian
May 12, 2010, 02:21 AM
For the range just get some 230gr full metal jacket ammo. For self defense there are a wide variety of ammo types to choose from.

I use federal champion fmj's at the range and winchester ranger's for self defense.

FreakGasolineFight
May 12, 2010, 08:18 AM
Not reloads or remanufactured ammunition ... otherwise, boom.

tjhands
May 12, 2010, 02:13 PM
Yeah, for just target practice at the range, get whatever is cheapest.

For self-defense you'll want a good hollow-point round like Gold Dot, Ranger T, Federal HST.

Have fun with that gun! One of the most reliable and durable .45acps made today. :)

rsxr22
May 12, 2010, 04:31 PM
i agree with the previous posters. Personally, i run high amounts of reloads through my glocks. Many say not to do this because of the rifling in the barrel, but if it bothers you that much you can get an aftermarket barrel.

As far as SD ammo, i would look to Speer Gold-Dots or Hornady

ScottRiqui
May 12, 2010, 04:38 PM
I thought there were two different cautions about reloads in Glocks - not to use lead bullets because of the polygonal rifling, and another not to use reloads at all on the models with unsupported barrels because it would bulge the brass.

With a model that has good barrel support, would there be any problem at all with reloads if you stuck with plated/jacketed bullets?

ClydeFrog
May 12, 2010, 04:55 PM
1) Read the Glock owner's manual. It will explain what type loads or ammunition works best in your new 21 pistol.
2) Avoid cheap or poorly reloaded rounds. If you want to buy quality target/training rounds go with CCI-Speer(brass), Winchester, Remington UMC, Federal American Eagle. Other good loads are available from Corbon, Doubletap Ammo, BuffaloBore etc but the major brands would do fine.
3) For carry/protection/duty rounds go with the Speer-Gold Dot 200gr +P JHP, Remington Golden Saber +P JHP 230gr JHP(bonded) or the Winchester Ranger T 230gr +P JHP(bonded).

Clyde

dsa1115
May 12, 2010, 04:58 PM
Anything jacketed should run great. Glocks aren't too picky.