PDA

View Full Version : It happened, I finally purchased a Glock.

pesta2
May 10, 2010, 07:55 AM
First a little background information. I once owned a EAA Witness in Wonder Finish, with two slide, 45 ACP and 10mm. I like the handgun, just a little heavy and never really fit my hand well, the trigger reach was a little long for my hand.

Move to Christmas and I received my Christmas bonus and purchased a Springfield Champion 1911. So I no longer needed that witness in 45 ACP.

Now move to this weekend. I decided to pay Cabalas a visit. So I took along that witness to see if I could sell it. The only problem was that I would be missing the 10mm, one of my favorite calibers. They offered me $400 for it, so I took. After perusing the gun library I noticed there in the used gun case a Glock Model 20 for $450. So to make a short story even shorter, I replaced my 10mm. It came with the Tupperware box with the burp seal action. Whom ever had it, took good care to it, not a mark on it, looks like they barely shoot it.

I took measures to keep my Springfield and the Glock apart, I don’t want any strange breading to happen.

FreakGasolineFight
May 10, 2010, 08:23 AM
I'd never trade a Witness for a Glock.

Sturmgewehre
May 10, 2010, 09:19 AM
The Glock is a great handgun. You'll love it I'm sure, if the grip isn't too thick for you. If the Witness was too big, the G20 might be a little big too, but the trigger reach should be a little shorter.

While I really like my Witness 10mm, I would not hesitate to trade it for a Glock 20 if someone offered me such a trade.

pesta2
May 10, 2010, 09:43 AM
The trigger reach seems shorter to me and felt better in the hand, also another reason for the switch to the Glock is I want to carry it while hiking and the Glock is a little lighter. The Glock has night sights. Plus it is my first Glock, I am already working on my rebuttal for putting down any other handgun that is not a Glock.

RT
May 10, 2010, 10:04 AM
The G20 is a tank. If you get a chance, put your hands on a G20 SF and see what you think of the short frame.

saltydog452
May 10, 2010, 10:07 AM
This is not good. Hopefully, I will not be struck by lightning for admitting this. But, if I can find a single stack 45ACP, I'd be severly tempted to cross the line.

salty

Sturmgewehre
May 10, 2010, 10:07 AM
You made a good trade in my opinion, especially for the stated purpose of how you plan to use the pistol. The G20 is a very robust and reliable pistol, one which I would prefer to have on my hip in the wild over the Witness.