PDA

View Full Version : Question about Walther PPKS capacity???

Xfire68
May 10, 2010, 02:47 AM
At Numrich Gun Parts they have listed for the Walther PPKS .380 a 10 round flat bottom magazine? https://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=1151240&catid=6170

Having done many searches for parts for this gun and have not seen a mag for the PPKS .380 larger then 7 rounds? Is this a misprint or is this a good find even though I love the finger rest on the mag I have now?

Elvishead
May 10, 2010, 03:06 AM
Maybe that's for the California model. You have to have 10 rounds.:D LOL

PSP
May 10, 2010, 04:39 AM
That's the "Smilin' Bob" ExtenZe Male Enhancement magazine.

Xfire68
May 10, 2010, 01:26 PM
LOL! That is some funny Sh@&!

But, does anyone know if these mags will really work in the PPKS? Again just because I have not seen them before does not mean they don't exist but, I just wanted to be sure? One can't always count on a accurate description at some of these online stores.

David the Gnome
May 10, 2010, 03:19 PM
It's going to hang pretty far out of the gun and reliability will probably be hit or miss. I wouldn't spend my money on one. The PPK isn't exactly a range gun and that's the only place I would use a mag like that.

Also, I wouldn't trust any mag where they won't tell you who the manufacturer is.

Dfariswheel
May 10, 2010, 06:58 PM
From time to time aftermarket magazine makers build extended magazines to hold more rounds for pistols.

You'll see 20 round or more 1911 mags, and some for guns like the P-38, Glock, and whatever they think will sell.

Almost invariably, these extended mags are substandard and seldom work well, both because the guns are engineered for the magazine capacity the maker supplies, and because the magazines are of poor quality material and workmanship.

In other words, save your money. The Walther PP series has a reputation of giving trouble with aftermarket magazines of any type, much less extended magazines.

michael t
May 10, 2010, 08:00 PM
Stick with the factory mags in the PPK/S Their reliable .