PDA

View Full Version : Walther PPS 9MM

jZizzle
May 6, 2010, 09:04 PM
Anyone here have a Walther PPS? Either 9MM or 40.. I have the 9MM and I wanted to get your impressions on CC. What holster do you have or recommend?

zombieslayer
May 6, 2010, 11:28 PM
I have a PPS in .40 and its my favorite carry gun ever. Its super accurate, and disappears in a DeSantis Insider holster. My other primary carry gun is a .357 j frame, and sometimes an LCP if I'm dressing really relaxed. But of all my carry guns, the Walther has become the king. I really was amazed when I saw how well it grouped and felt how well it handled. Enjoy yours.

cavediver27
May 7, 2010, 10:32 AM
I have a Walther PPS 9mm that I bought 1-1/2 years ago. It is a wonderful pistol and is my primary CC. I have around 500+ rounds of various ammo through it with zero issues of any kind. It is thin, light, small, easy to conceal and has great fit and finish. I use a cheap Mikes "inside the waistband" for CC when I'm wearing loose shorts and I use a Fobus kydex paddle holster when I'm wearing jeans or slacks. The PPS conceals very easy with both.

I would highly recommend the PPS to anyone looking for a high quality concealed carry pistol

Coltman 77
May 7, 2010, 01:14 PM
My wife carries her 9mm PPS in a dedicated Galco handbag.

It's been a great pistol, by the way. Very accurate and uber reliable.

About 800 rds thru it with zero malfunctions.

Beentown71
May 7, 2010, 10:39 PM
I like them. Crossbreed Supertuck for everything ;). Mags prices = :barf:

Beentown

gearchecker
May 7, 2010, 11:07 PM
My wife got a PPS for valentine's day and we still can't find a conceal holster for her that she likes enough to buy.
It is an excellent pistol and she just drops it into her purse's side pocket for now, Since the trigger is DA solid she keeps it in condition 1 and we don't worry about accidental discharge. She's put over 300 rounds thru it so far, and not a single malfunction. Some day she might even let me shoot it.

We did get a Barsony "Hair on hide" holster for her BBQ and open carry. Great looking holster and not too expensive. You can find them on ebay by name
There are a few good holster companies out there that won't break the bank on excellent holsters. Shouldn't be too hard to pick one once the members here chime in. I expect to pay aound $80 or so for her holster, once we find the one she likes.

dec41971
May 8, 2010, 01:10 AM
I have the 9mm and have to agree its an excellent CCW piece, and shoots better than I expected. Also feels good in my hand.

baddubbin
May 8, 2010, 01:27 AM
My wife has a pps in 9mm, great little gun. Real easy to conceal with how slim it is. Right now we just have a desantis pocket holster(super fly). Disappears in my front pocket.