PDA

View Full Version : TA90 in 41AE - can it be converted to 9mm?

nfafan
May 5, 2010, 10:16 PM
Hello all,

Have a question about a gun I actually own - as opposed to want; a Tanarmi TA90 I inherited.

From the markings on the magazines, it's in the popular-in-the-late-80's 41AE. I recall Action Arms had IMI Uzi's in that caliber, but I don't even see that ammo on dealers shelves these days.

I already have a 9mm Sterling carbine, so I'd like to have this TA90 in 9mm.
I know I need a 9mm barrel, and I've already tried a 9mm cart in the mag - they just pop right out.

Can I simply find the correct 9mm barrel and the 9mm mags and do a parts swap to make it into a 9mm TA90?

Thanks!

vladan
May 5, 2010, 10:28 PM
Yes, .41AE was developed for Jericho as a way to easy convert 9mm gun for .40 diameter projectile with barrel and mag swap. The base of 9mm luger and .41AE are the same diameter. You need barrel, magazine and possibly lighter recoil spring

rixret
May 5, 2010, 10:39 PM
A fair to good chance that a barrel, mag and spring from a EAA unit would work. I have a EAA Witness 9mm that I dropped in a .41AE barrel and picked up mags for. Great system. Try GunBroker.com ?

nfafan
May 6, 2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the info! Good to know I can turn this into a 9mm shooter.

Edit:

Discovered this is a Tanfoglio TA90, the little pamphlet that passes as the manual has the word Tanarmi on it, the gun itself is marked Tanfoglio.