PDA

View Full Version : rossi cylinder not opening...

tet4
May 4, 2010, 09:29 PM
Hey guys - I'm in need of some advice. I recently got a rossi 972 revolver new. When I bought it, it was a little hard to open the cylinder, but not very hard. I chalked it up to being new and tight. I took it to the range, and after about 30 rounds, the cylinder wouldn't release. I could still cycle the cylinder, but couldn't open it. I found out that if I tapped the cylinder with a hammer moderately lightly, it would open. After further inspection, it seems like it is catching on the front spring loaded pin that locks the front of the cylinder to the frame. I tried to polish this area, but to no avail.

Has this happened to anyone else before? I don't understand why it would lock up like this after firing rounds. I have cleaned it well and made sure the spring isn't stuck. I'm thinking that the pin isn't ground properly.

I can't return it for a refund, but I can send it back to the factory. I just don't want to be without it while it's getting serviced, and there isn't a gunsmith within 50 miles that I could take it to.

Any help would be great! Thanks.

tet4
May 6, 2010, 09:18 AM
Just a bump to see if I can get any help. If not, it's back to the factory for this one.