PDA

View Full Version : Sig Mosquito

toro1966
May 3, 2010, 08:11 PM
Hey guys, first post and a newbie here...be gentle. I did read the entire manual and I have searched this and other forums. I can't find definitive answers to two questions. I have a 22lr Sig Sauer Mosquito in Winter Digital Camo. I bought the gun brand new in the box and sealed.

1. The saftey moves up and down as it should but I se nothing moving like on my wlather 22 to block the hammer fall. I assume this safety is internal and that it prevents the firing pin from being contacted by the hammer. Is this correct?

2. I field stripped, cleaned, and oiled, per the manual prior to use. I still have not had a chance to get to the range with this as I just got it this weekend. I notice that the hammer does not fall all the way. Meaning, it does not look as if it even contacts the back piece (pin - forgive my lack of gun component knowledge). In other words, there is a little play - meaning I can push it up slightly when the hammer is in the up position. Hope this is not confusing. This may be normal, but since it is different than any of my other weapons, I wanted to check. Do any of you have any "play" in the hammer of your mosquito when the hammer is up and has been de-cocked?

Thanks again for all of youe time and have a great day. Cheers.

DiscoRacing
May 3, 2010, 08:12 PM
Welcome... looks as if you were born the same year I was.

t45
May 3, 2010, 08:30 PM
Your Sig Mosquito is normal.
1. Your safety is internal and blocks the hammer from striking the fireing pin. It will still fall when the safety is on but will not fire.
2. Your hammer does not rest on the fireing pin when down. Inertia from the hammer when trigger is pulled will allow the hammer to hit the fireing pin. So the small gap is normal.
I have a Sig Mosquito Sport and have had very good luck with it. Clean it completely. I use CCI Mini-Mags and my gun runs 100%. Other brands are iffy. Hope this helps! Welcome to the best forum. :D

CWPinSC
May 3, 2010, 09:35 PM
The Mosquito is a fine little .22 semi. Keep it clean, use good ammo, and install the right spring for the ammo used and it'll do you good.

toro1966
May 3, 2010, 09:44 PM
Thanks guys for the great and quick responses!

Just to make sure I am clear - I understand the small gap is normal. Can you still push slightly on the hammer. What I mean is it feels as if there is very slight play. The hammer is up as far as it will, but I can push it up ever so slightly.

Again, I am just used to not being able to fo this on my other guns. Thanks again! What a great forum!

wbw
May 4, 2010, 09:52 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. If you have a problem when you shoot it then you can worry. But for now relax.

I would strongly recommend using CCI Mini-Mags in this gun. I had one and never had any problems with the Sig recommended Mini-mags. Other ammo might cause a problem.

CWPinSC
May 4, 2010, 03:28 PM
I would strongly recommend using CCI Mini-Mags in this gun.

+1 on the Mini-Mags or another ammo of similar velocity.

Let me repeat what others have said. We understand what you're talking about with the hammer and IT'S NORMAL!

Enjoy your Mossy.

toro1966
May 5, 2010, 01:01 AM
Thanks guys! Guess my OCD was acting up again! :) Can't wait to get out to the range. Thanks again!

rambilt
May 6, 2010, 05:15 AM
My daughter wants to learn how to shoot so I did a research about the Mosquito. Searching the forum for info and found out from people who do own it that when using the suggested ammo it shoots fine. So I went out and bought one from Academy. The gun looks great and feels great in my hand. I tried to buy the CCI mini Mag but can't seem to find any right now. So, I bought the Winchester Super X 37 Grains (1330 FPS) plated hollow point but I'm kind of leary to use it. Anyone use this type of ammo with the Mosquito?

dannyb
May 6, 2010, 07:48 AM
From what I've read on these boards, Sig Mosquitos tend to be ammo finicky in terms of what they'll feed and fire reliably. The most common seems to be the CCI mini mag. I had no luck with that; FTEs almost every magazine's worth. :(
Oddly, CCI standard velocities are 99.99% reliable in my Mosquito.:confused: I've tried various Remington and Federal loads from hot to standard to mild, and the only reliable round for my Mosquito has been the CCI Standard.:) Based on my experience, try a few different rounds and see what works.

CWPinSC
May 6, 2010, 09:21 AM
So, I bought the Winchester Super X 37 Grains (1330 FPS) plated hollow point but I'm kind of leary to use it. Anyone use this type of ammo with the Mosquito?

I've not used that, but the velocity looks good. The Skeeter likes hot loads. I've used CCI Mini-Mag and Stingers with great success. I've used Remington gold/green box bulk and had many FTFs. The wrong ammo won't damage the pistol, it just won't function reliably. Experiment to see what your particular gun likes. Read the instructions: Keep it oiled like they say, use the right spring for your ammo velocity, and keep it clean.

rambilt
May 6, 2010, 06:52 PM
Thanks dannyb and CWPinSC for the replies. I'll try the winchester super X.

Hoss Fly
May 6, 2010, 07:05 PM
Had two (me & the wife) & really liked them :cool:
CCI mini mags were their ammo of choice-
Traded them off only because the wife "grew" into a 9mm - It was a great training auto for her tho :)

sigxder
May 8, 2010, 01:05 AM
At first I would definately start with the CCI MiniMags. They seem to be the one constant that makes the Skeeter work 100% of the time. After a couple of hundred rounds of this you can try other ammo. That's how I got mine to go. Strangely enough it also likes the Remington Golden Bulk pack. The problem with that is usually out of a 500 or whatever number of rounds they have you usually get a couple that won't light off. And it's not the guns fault. It would happen in any gun. The Mosquito likes to be well lubed. It likes to be clean. I use gun grease on the spots where their is alot of friction. I went through a 250 round range session with it earlier in the week without a single problem. You just have to learn what the gun likes.
My Ruger 22/45 will eat about anything. The Mosquito and the P22 which I owned in the past are finicky eaters. but once you find what they like they are a blast. Plus a great understudy for the bigger Sigs in the casr of the Mosquito. It's already paid for itself in saved ammo cost. I already have over 1700 rounds through mine. It took awhile but I really like it. Just have to be a little patient is all.

swmp9jrm
May 8, 2010, 10:51 AM
For your future reference, here's where to go for all things Mosquito:

Mosquito - The Best Reference (http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/54410021/p/1)

My Mosquito will shoot most anything - sort of. It runs nearly 100% on MiniMags, and about 90% on most other hot .22LR. I have not tried any of the slower stuff. You definitely want to keep it squeaky clean and well lubed. I have several thousand rounds through mine, and while it's not the 'perfect' plinker, it's not bad for a cheap, fun day at the range.

rambilt
May 21, 2010, 09:59 PM
It was very disappointing experience for me. Every other round using CCI Mini Mag it jams on me or sometime after it fires it don't want to chamber the next round. I gave up after 40 rounds. I will have to cleaned it and try again. Maybe I didn't clean it right. I'll try the other spring hopefully it'll make a difference. I like the little gun even though it gives multi malfunction in the range. It's fun to shoot when it did shoot. I'll try again and again until it corrects itself hopefully it'll correct itself after so many rounds...:):)

v8-yj
June 6, 2010, 06:19 PM
Hey all new to this site, I have had a Sig mosquito for about a year now and almost didn't buy one because of the stories about all the problems. But me being the one not to follow the crowd I bought one anyway. Did what they told me at the gun shop, keep it clean and use cci mini mags and i have not had any issues with this pistol. It is fun to shoot and cheap to shoot I have many other handguns so it is not my first. 6 to 7 bucks for decent 22 ammo isn't that bad as I have a marlin model 60 that eats the cheap crap lke an old goat. Maybe there were problems with the older sigs but mine is fine. again keep it clean as it is a semi. Oh by the way way the finish is good because I spent a few dollars more and got the stainless slide. Does everyone oil the extractor port every hundred rounds or so as directed? 22 ammo is typically dirty ammo to start with.

SmokyBaer
June 7, 2010, 07:35 AM
My possibly future son-in-law is having fits with a Mosquito he just got.
Thanks to all for suggesting going with Mini-Mags.
I will pass that on... Thanks again!! :D

JohnFLand
June 7, 2010, 01:14 PM
Shoot CCI Minimags and you shouldn't have a problem.

Note also that I've recently found a major difference between my one polymer mag and my 4 metal mags -- the poly lets me shoot Federal bulk and even CCI Blazer with few problems (but not 100%, although the Blazer seems to be near 100%), while the metal mags puke malfunctions with either of these types -- FTF, FTE, FT fire, double-feed, stovepiping.

jgcoastie
June 7, 2010, 01:26 PM
I've had nothing but problems with my Mosquito... I've tried Mini-Mags, all types of Federal and Blazer... Nothing works well enough to be able to effectively train with it. I'm selling it and picking up another Buckmark.

rambilt
June 10, 2010, 06:47 PM
I brought 500 rounds of CCI mini mags and 100 rounds of Winchester Super X and 50 rounds of Winchester Thunderbolt. Well, again it jams like crazy. It didn't like the CCI mini mags at all. I tried the Wincheste Super X and that too was a failure. I tried the Winchester Thunderbolt and it ate it lke crazy. Didn't have a single failure with the Winchester Thunderbolt.... Whoaa!!! So I went back with the CCI mini mag and it jammed like it did before. Shot the thunderbolt again no jam.

I think I will swap the spring with the light one go back to the range and try the CCI again. I have to make it work with the the CCI after all that was the recommended round to use!!! Hehehehe

I like the Mosquito a lot even after all the jamming. At least I know what to get now "Winchester Thunderbolt" and I can shoot all day with it.

I envy all of you that have a better experience than me. I still like mine though.

v8-yj
June 15, 2010, 09:55 PM
sorry to hear you guys are having trouble. I have bought two extra sig mags and used them right out of the package and still have no issues. The instructions aren,t very clear on what spring goes with the low velocity or high velocity rounds I used mine the way it came out of the box. Again I will use this pistol for 100 or 200 rounds and clean it completely after each use. I have shot it Hollywood style empting the mag as fast as I could pull the trigger and still have no problems. Maybe I just got lucky once in my life.

spodwo
June 15, 2010, 10:02 PM
For those having problems - make sure that the spring is in the CORRECT way...there is a wrong direction and a right direction...many think the wider end points toward the back of the pistol...

So a BIG note from the all things Mosquito link:

The light spring is longer then the heavy spring. It has thinner metal for the coils. The light spring is also called the white spring and the heavy spring is also called the black spring. If you look closely you will notice both of these springs have one end slightly smaller then the other end. You need to make sure the tapered end goes on the guide pin and the wider end goes to the slide. Failure to do it this way will cause lots of jams. I lubricate my guide pin and spring with Moly powder. TW25B or Slide Glide light should work just as well.

DukeNukem
June 15, 2010, 11:24 PM
Yeah, they're picky about ammo. I shot 4 different kinds out of my Mosquito today. CCI Mini Mags(40 grain round nose) work great as do 40 grain Federal Game Shok. Bulk pack Federal Champion 36 grain hollowpoints work well, but only if I make sure my hands and arms are rigid. Couldn't get Winchester Super-X 40 grain round nose to work no matter what I did--lots of stovepipes, FTF's and FTE's. As best as I can tell it's not just the model that's picky it's the particular gun. Some people's Mosquitos seem to do fine with Winchester Super-X.

GunGuy34
June 16, 2010, 01:26 AM
I have heard the same, cci mini mag is the ammo that pistol seems to function best with.

rambilt
June 16, 2010, 06:02 PM
For those having problems - make sure that the spring is in the CORRECT way...there is a wrong direction and a right direction...many think the wider end points toward the back of the pistol...

So a BIG note from the all things Mosquito link:

Quote:
The light spring is longer then the heavy spring. It has thinner metal for the coils. The light spring is also called the white spring and the heavy spring is also called the black spring. If you look closely you will notice both of these springs have one end slightly smaller then the other end. You need to make sure the tapered end goes on the guide pin and the wider end goes to the slide. Failure to do it this way will cause lots of jams. I lubricate my guide pin and spring with Moly powder. TW25B or Slide Glide light should work just as well.

spodwo, thanks for your reply. I think now I know why my Mosquito fired really good with the "Remington Thunderbolt" and not the "CCI Mini Mags"!! The spring that came installed from the factory is the lighter one and the one in the package was the short and stout one. I can't wait to go back to the range... Thanks again spodwo....

rick

spodwo
June 17, 2010, 08:25 AM
rick - just make sure you put the spring in the right way. Lube well.

I have had my skeeter for about 2 years now and REALLY like it....no issues with jams but 95% of the time I use CCI minimags. Let us know how it works out for you...

Have fun!

rambilt
June 17, 2010, 06:50 PM
The tapered end towards the rear right?

spodwo
June 17, 2010, 06:52 PM
Wide front, Taper rear...

Misssissippi Dave
June 18, 2010, 09:00 PM
I have found Mini-mags, Federal Auto Match and CCI SV work very well in my Mosquitoes. You do need to have the light spring installed to have the CCI SV work. Good lubrication is also needed.

DukeNukem
June 19, 2010, 02:32 AM
I went through a couple hundred rounds of Federal AutoMatch yesterday without a failure of any kind. Tried Winchester Super X hollow points and had nothing but problems with both springs.

spodwo
June 19, 2010, 06:57 AM
Federal Premium Gold Medal .22s work well with mine also along with the CCI Mini Mags.

Misssissippi Dave
June 19, 2010, 07:02 AM
I wrote lots of stuff that might help Mosquito owners on another forum. It is geared to new owners mostly. At the very end of the first post there is a link to how to take one apart and put it back together again as well. There are pictures to help putting it back together on that second link as well

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/54410021

Here is the second link for dis-assembly.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/6730048702

If you are looking for a very short read these links are not for you.

Edit: The first posts of the above links are the results of what many people have found over the past couple of years about the Mosquitoes. I thought it might be nice to put it into a single place to be easier to look things up. It turns out 2 threads were needed. One for problems and tips to make things work better. The other was for taking the gun apart and working to improve the trigger. I tried to keep things simple and give as much detail as I thought would be needed by someone with interest but not necessarily much experience working on pistols. Neither thread is the answer to everything concerning the Mosquito. I do feel it will cover the most common things people might want to know about. I do have a few of these pistols and also shoot them often.

swmp9jrm
June 19, 2010, 07:55 AM
And for anyone who doesn't already know, Mississippi Dave is the Zen Master of the Mosquito!! Take the time to read through his work - you'll find the straight poop on this gun.

rambilt
June 19, 2010, 08:41 AM
I really like the mosquito! It feels like its a gun and not a toy. LOL! I'll try shooting it with the shorter spring and see what happens. Hanks all!

Rick

rambilt
June 28, 2010, 05:25 AM
Well, went to the range Saturday. Took a few toys with me. With the short spring installed, ten rounds of CCI Mini Mags in the clip I started firing and what a disappointment... this time it just won't cycle... I have to chamber a round each time... Tried the Remington Thunderbolt and it fired fine but had a jam once out of ten rounds. Looks like Thunderbolt it is and the long skinny spring is going back in... Thunderbolt is the choice of ammo for this Sig. I guess I just have to settle with it... I still like my Mosquito. So I'm keeping it.

DukeNukem
June 28, 2010, 06:32 AM
It's odd that Mini-Mags won't work right in your Mosquito. I wouldn't give up on finding ammo that will work during the break-in period. Buy small quantities until you find out what's good for your Mosquito. Mini-Mags(which are what I used during break-in) work great in mine, but so do 40 grain Federal Game Shok solids and Federal AutoMatch(40 grain). You might give those two a try. Thunderbolt is cheap, but it's also dirty which means you'll need to be diligent about cleaning your gun. I'm wondering if maybe your feed ramp could be rough or something--Thunderbolts are pretty waxy which might be why they're giving you less problems. I'd bet that other ammo including Mini-Mags will eventually run okay, but it sounds like you could be in for some frustration along the way.

spodwo
June 28, 2010, 06:38 AM
Odd that mini mags won't work well...it is the ammo I rely on for my .22 pistols...

I also have the .22 conversion for my SIG 229 and use mini mags with great success...

Misssissippi Dave
June 28, 2010, 07:30 AM
There were a few Mosquitoes made near the end of 2009 where the chamber was a little tighter then most. They also had a little weaker spring for the extractor too. These pistols have been having problems with extraction of Mini-mags. The one I just got from the factory last month doesn't have that problem. The one from the end of 2009 does. I will soon be having a gunsmith see about what spring is needed to fix the extractor problem and maybe make a new extractor like the early versions too. Those worked very well.

If you are near a Wal-mart try seeing if they have some Federal Auto Match. That round is slightly smaller in diameter then the Mini-mag and might be a good fit in those pistols with the tight chamber.

rambilt
June 28, 2010, 06:45 PM
It's odd that Mini-Mags won't work right in your Mosquito. I wouldn't give up on finding ammo that will work during the break-in period. Buy small quantities until you find out what's good for your Mosquito. Mini-Mags(which are what I used during break-in) work great in mine, but so do 40 grain Federal Game Shok solids and Federal AutoMatch(40 grain). You might give those two a try. Thunderbolt is cheap, but it's also dirty which means you'll need to be diligent about cleaning your gun. I'm wondering if maybe your feed ramp could be rough or something--Thunderbolts are pretty waxy which might be why they're giving you less problems. I'd bet that other ammo including Mini-Mags will eventually run okay, but it sounds like you could be in for some frustration along the way.

DukeNukem, No I won't give up on this one that easy. It's too nice of a gun for me. I'll install the light spring again and use the Remington Thunderbolt. Maybe shoot up about 500 rounds then go back to CCI mini mags. Thanks for your reply.

Rick

rambilt
June 28, 2010, 06:56 PM
Odd that mini mags won't work well...it is the ammo I rely on for my .22 pistols...

I also have the .22 conversion for my SIG 229 and use mini mags with great success...

Spodwo, maybe I'm not cleaning it right. I was very generous in oiling it after I wiped everything clean . I just do the usual breakdown per the manual and very generous with the gun oil per suggestion here in the forum. As a matter of fact the oil was oozing out at the hammer and trigger not dripping but you can see some oil forming to run down. I will try this weekend with the Remington thunderbolt. Thanks.

Rick

rambilt
June 28, 2010, 07:02 PM
There were a few Mosquitoes made near the end of 2009 where the chamber was a little tighter then most. They also had a little weaker spring for the extractor too. These pistols have been having problems with extraction of Mini-mags. The one I just got from the factory last month doesn't have that problem. The one from the end of 2009 does. I will soon be having a gunsmith see about what spring is needed to fix the extractor problem and maybe make a new extractor like the early versions too. Those worked very well.

If you are near a Wal-mart try seeing if they have some Federal Auto Match. That round is slightly smaller in diameter then the Mini-mag and might be a good fit in those pistols with the tight chamber.

Misssissippi Dave, my Mosquito is still under warranty, will Sig Sauer do something about the problem I'm having? I read around here someone send his to Sig and it came back the same way so he sold his. I don't want to sell mine I like it a lot. I'll look for the Federal Auto Match. Thanks.

Misssissippi Dave
June 28, 2010, 08:25 PM
Sig tests these pistols with CCI Mini-mags. You would need to contact them to find out what they have to say. I have had very good service from them so far. I haven't contacted them all that often to be honest. I would be surprised if they said to send it in and it wasn't fixed. You do need to be specific as to what the problem is you are having for them to be able to correct what ever is wrong. A note and or pictures explaining the problem sent in the box for the gunsmith is also helpful. This is in addition to what you tell customer service. Both should be the same information. If you do the note thing you need to give as much information as you can.

A friend had a new Mosquito that didn't like Mini-mags. The were sticking in the chamber. The Auto Match worked fine. I had a similar problem and just polished the chamber with some liquid 1200 to 1400 grit abrasive on a jag and patch to get mine to work right. It now works with all the CCI ammo I've tried and the Federal as well. I hopefully will soon have someone making extractors and if he can find the right spring that too is needed as a fix for extraction problems. Under warranty pistols shouldn't need after market parts. Sig should just fix them.

I did have to return one Mosquito. I had to put all original parts back on it before sending it in. I'm glad I kept everything that originally came with each of my pistols in clearly marked zip lock bags if I ever needed to refer to the original parts.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll198/Mississippi_Dave/DSCN0727.jpg

rambilt
July 6, 2010, 05:41 AM
Sig tests these pistols with CCI Mini-mags.

Misssissippi Dave, mine surely dose not work with CCI mini mags. Also the spring that was installed in mine from the factory was the lighter spring, not so according to the manual. Well, anyway, I took my Mosquito back to the range with the lighter spring installed again. Not so much luck with the stronger one as you guys know. I took 200 rounds of Remington Thunderbolt bullets and the result was greeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaat!!! Ate up all 200 rounds without a misfire... So I think I'll keep using the thunderbolt and maybe one of this days after maybe a thousand rounds it'll start firing a much cleaner bullets than the Thunderbolt. That thing surely made my fingers gray almost black from the lead stuff...

Misssissippi Dave
July 6, 2010, 07:19 AM
Personally I avoid Thunder Bolts. Rim fire guns and especially pistols tend to be picky about ammo. Some will eat anything but are only accurate with a few different rounds. Half of the fun in shooting rim fire is finding the round that works the best with any given pistol.

Now if Thunder Bolts are the round that works for you I suggest using it for 500 to 1000 rounds then possibly checking out other ammo to see if you find something better. One thing I do before trying different ammo is the drop test. With the slide off and magazine removed, drop a round of the ammo you plan to use in the chamber. If it goes all the way in with only the weight of the round and when tipped up falls out it becomes a round to try. Ammo that won't drop all the way in or won't fall out gets either used in a different gun or saved to be tried again after shooting another 1000 rounds.

This test has given me pretty good results so far. Some chambers are tighter then others are. Rim fire ammo varies in length and width slightly as well. Generally speaking I found ammo rated at 1200 fps and under I need the light spring and over 1200 fps the heavy spring. Ammo that is plus or minus 50 fps of 1200 might go either way. If the heavy spring works well continue using that one.

rambilt
July 6, 2010, 07:34 PM
I'll try your test next time. If nothing else thunderbolt will be the bullet choice for the Mosquito. Thanks for your replies and advises.

Rick

spodwo
July 7, 2010, 05:59 AM
One thing I do before trying different ammo is the drop test. With the slide off and magazine removed, drop a round of the ammo you plan to use in the chamber. If it goes all the way in with only the weight of the round and when tipped up falls out it becomes a round to try. Ammo that won't drop all the way in or won't fall out gets either used in a different gun or saved to be tried again after shooting another 1000 rounds.

Hmmm - nice best practice tip there...I will use it in the future.

Misssissippi Dave
July 7, 2010, 07:02 AM
Like everything there is a down side to this test. Ammo that is much too narrow in width pass this test but when fired gases blow by the bullet and you get very weak power to move the slide. That has happened to me using Winchester 333 ammo. The good part is that I have had very few types of ammo do things like this. Also this test assumes you have a clean chamber to start with.

pgdion
August 18, 2010, 12:04 PM
Saw the Super-X mentioned a lot, here's my take on some of the ammo. The Super-X mentioned a few times is the SS (I saw 1300/1330 fps). This is a hot round, much hotter than CCI Mini-Mags which I actually consider to be medium grade. What I look at in .22 ammo for pistols is the power, not the velocity, as it is the power that operates the action (Newton's law stuff ... equal and opposite reaction). That said, the Mini-mags come in at 127 to 135 ft-lbs of force depending on whether you shoot the 36gr or the 40gr. So equally important to shooting Mini-Mags would be which mini-mag? The 36gr HP at 127lbs or the 40gr LRN with 135lbs?

CCI Stingers come in at 191 lbs (now that's really hot!)
Velocitors are also very hot at 183 lbs (and with the bigger bullet, hold their energy better).
The Super-X weigh in at 135 to 140 lbs (37gr/40gr), a little hotter than the CCI. But the Super-X SS (in the red cases) come in at 145 to 150 1bs. This would be a hot round and is my favorite for targeting cans as it actually has some punch to it.
Wildcats weigh in at 140ft-lbs and work great and CCI Blazer are 135. The Blazers shoot great and are the most accurate in my 22's. I use these for Leagues.
Federal's 510/710 are 137 ft-lbs and these also shoot great in everything I have and are my second choice for leagues

Remington's bulk Golden bullets are 131 ft-lbs and Federals bulk red box is 127 ft-lbs
My Beretta NEOS shoots everything except Thunderbolts (they stove pipe about 1 in 10)
My 22A will not shoot the Federal Red box and is temperamental with the Golden Bullets. Basically it needs 135 lbs or up and then it shoots great.

So how does this apply to the Mosquito?
First, I would guess 40gr Mini-Mags will shoot well but 37gr will not (as with my 22a, not enough energy).
Second, CCI Blazer should work equally well.
Runners up that might work would be Federals 510/710, Winchester Super-X, and maybe Winchester Wild Cats. And Super-X SS would be worth a shot.
None of these are expensive, Blazers, Wild Cats, and the 510's are down right cheap.

Great seeing all the posts. I like this .22 a lot but always hold off getting one because of it's rep. It just shouldn't be this picky. A very cool gun though, maybe the best looking .22 out there ... maybe this time.
Would love to see any more updates on ammo issues/successes in any new Mosquitos.