PDA

View Full Version : I gots me one!

Dre_sa
April 21, 2010, 06:13 PM
Yesterday, my wife and I made our way to a gun store thats 7 miles away from us.

I've been looking at some 1911's recently and just couldn't find anyone that had any of the ones I wanted in stock. Apparently Springfield 1911's are in high demand. At the same time I was researching 1911's, I had the bright idea of investigating H&K's too.

I read many reviews, watched lots of videos and liked what I saw in both cases. I have been saving up for a while to make a purchase so I had a good ammount to devote to a new firearm.

So we went to this store that's a little out of our way. On the way there I had the sensation that I'd be making a purchase for exactly what I ended up purchasing. with that little comfort I reserved the thought that I'd just have to wait and see.

When we walked into the store there were a few people standing around blocking all the good showcases, particularly the one with the H&K's and springers. so we walked around a bit and looked at a few different things. My wife took a fancy to an XD .45 in the process...

Eventually the case i was interested in freed up and I walked on over and had a peek inside. I immediately asked to see a springfield loaded, which wasnt the parkerized model I wanted, but I assume its pretty much the same. I must say I did like the look, feel, fit, finish and just about everything else about that little 1911. But alas t'was not the parked I wanted. I then had a look over the H&K's in the case and saw a brand spanking new HK45 beckoning unto me.

So I asked to see it.

and that was the end of my search...

after handling a whole medly of USP's I picked up the HK45 and was overwhelmed with comfort. It just felt amazing in my hand. It's almost as though they had my size hands in mind when they created the thing.

I liked the feel of the trigger, both DA and SA, I can reach all the controls without shifting my grip and it points perfectly for me.

I was sold.

after having a quick word with my wife, checking bank accounts and what not, I made the purchase.

I'll be picking it up on Saturday and I can't wait!

all thats left is to take it to the range and start saving up for a 1911

LordTio3
April 21, 2010, 06:16 PM
And that EXACTLY how it should happen.

Congratulations. You've done it just right and I'll bet it feels amazing.

Hope it shoots just as well as it feels.
The universe says it should shoot even better.

~LT

CortJestir
April 21, 2010, 06:17 PM
Congrats! I have the compact version of the HK45. Been thinking about getting a P30. They all shoot reeeeaaaal nice...

varoadking
April 21, 2010, 06:17 PM
Mine is V1 LEM, but nevertheless, you will find your new piece to be extermely accurate and uber reliable...

Congrat's, and enjoy...

Dre_sa
April 21, 2010, 06:23 PM
Whats even more interesting is that that was the only HK 45 they had in stock and they just got it in the store that day!

I think the universe was trying to tell me something yesterday...

Shane Tuttle
April 21, 2010, 09:06 PM
Sad to see the Springer was passed up. Glad to see you bought what you wanted. I had the P30 for a while and sold it. Just wasn't reliable enough for me. I'm willing to bet you won't have the same issues with your HK45....

Dre_sa
April 21, 2010, 09:14 PM
Tuttle8,

Don't be sad, I'll get the springer soon enough. I will have both, it was just a matter of which to get first...:D

Shane Tuttle
April 21, 2010, 09:45 PM
Well, I can't be too sad you passed up a stainless. I have the parkerized Loaded myself and was glad I waited for it instead...

Leejack
April 22, 2010, 05:54 AM
I love the parked finish on Springers!:)

Lee

Dre_sa
April 23, 2010, 10:28 PM
Tomorrow can't come soon enough!