PDA

View Full Version : New front site needed for Indian Lee Enfield?

Sulaco2
April 21, 2010, 11:31 AM
Took my new (to me) 1968 Indian version of the .308 Lee Enfield out to the range and tried sighting it in. I found that the rifle with the rear sight set at the lowest position hits near 10 inchs high at 50 yards, nice grouping though. In looking at the front sight system looks like it might be ajustable on a screw mech (?) up and down for height? Any advise on these rifles. I did not have time and boy was it cold, to shoot at 100 yards so maybe its sighted for 100?

Jimro
April 21, 2010, 01:27 PM
If I remember correctly those Indian SMLE's were sighted in at 300 meters, a "battlesight" zero so to speak. I'm sure someone here knows the exact distance.

Jimro

Dave R
April 21, 2010, 03:30 PM
I had the same problem. I 'believe' you can order taller front sights from Numrich. I was gonna order one, but as a temp fix I used JB weld to glue a thread of solder to the front sight. Then filed it down at the range to dial in the 100 yard zero. It worked so well I never ordered the real sight.

madcratebuilder
April 22, 2010, 07:07 AM
Taller front sight from evil bay or gunparts corp. There are about a dozen sizes.