PDA

View Full Version : Eezox Gun Care Products on Autopistols

Anthony
April 16, 2010, 10:15 PM
Hello Everyone,

On the Larry Seecamp's suggestion I just purchased a spray can of Eezox gun care solution for my new LWS-380. After reading the label I have to tell you that it sounds too good to be true.

Has anyone used Eezox as their only gun care product to both lubricate and clean their autopistols?

I'd especially like to hear from people who have done so that live in extremely hot and humid climates as I live in Dallas.

Thanks for the input.

- Anthony

North Bender
April 16, 2010, 11:24 PM
I've used Eezox for years. I don't trust it to lubricate slides and parts that see real metal to metal friction, but I'll swear by it protecting the finish of a blued firearm. It's remarkable stuff. I makes the finish look purty.

Now it may lubricate; I just don't trust dry lubricants. I do use it in magazines to lubricate where I don't want oil to attract dirt/dust.

It's funny stuff to use and takes several coats to really perform. The first coat may never dry. Wipe it off after 24 hours, then put a real thin coat on. You may have to wipe that off too because the stuff never really seems to dry completely. But once you get a couple coats on I'd put in in an arms locker in Nepal for 100 years and shoot the gun.

... I don't sell the stuff.

PSP
April 17, 2010, 06:00 AM
I use Eezox the exact same way that North Bender described but in additon I also use it as a general cleaner.

Eezox everywhere, but also a daub of oil or grease where parts slide.

If I recall Larry Seecamp once said he uses a mixture of Eezox and Militec-1. Two outstanding products for what they do.

vladan
April 17, 2010, 11:17 AM
I live in central Florida and use eezox for about five years now. Use it on my guns and reloading dies. My guns are in the safe when not shooting so really not much environmental exposure here, but my dies are in hot, humid garage where it only takes few weeks for unprotected steel to start corrosion and my dies are still the way I bought them...
While I too don't trust it to lubricate my guns it is the best corrosion protection I have found so far. On guns I spray them with eezox after cleaning, wipe them down and then put a little oil or lube on the rails or high friction points
Plus it smell nice :D

dairycreek
April 17, 2010, 11:53 AM
I have used Eezox for about 10 years and am really high on it. Use it to clean and lube everything. Great Stuff!

kodiakbeer
April 17, 2010, 12:58 PM
I've used it for years and think it's the best product out there. Like some others, I don't think of it primarily as an internal lubricant, but as a general protective coating for guns. If you've ever put away a gun for several years and then picked it up to find some rust or a finger mark now etched into a finish, you'll understand the need for such a product.

If you only own a couple of guns and handle and clean them frequently, then you probably don't need it.

Magyar
April 17, 2010, 02:38 PM
As someone who has purchased and used this product: straight to the garbage can. 1st of all, the smell of it made me vomit-no joke-read what's in this product; carcinoginic all the way. Personally, if I used this product extensively, I'd use gloves & mask.....:o
2nd, as a lubricant; forget it...I don't think it did the job; prefer any type of grease....
Just my observation and opinion....:(

guypowell
April 17, 2010, 03:07 PM
I've used Eezox for 8-9 maybe 10 years as a lube and corrosion inhibitor. For things such as rails though I'll use Weapon Shield, or a grease like on my SIGs. For cleaning, however, I use a dedicated cleaner.

KyJim
April 17, 2010, 05:18 PM
I have used Eezox for about 10 years and am really high on it.Please use only in a well ventilated area. :)

I also use Eezox primarily to prevent rust and have been pleased. I use it through the barrel after other cleaners and it always seems to get a bit of residue out of the barrel.

Tom Servo
April 17, 2010, 06:09 PM
I live in central Florida and use eezox for about five years now.
I first came across Eezox while working in Jacksonville, which is a perfect storm for corrosion: sweat, 100% humidity, and salt air. Guys down there swore by it, and after using it for a bit, I was sold.

I use it for everything but extreme fouling (Hoppe's for that) and slide rails on tight guns (Wilson red).

shooter1911
April 17, 2010, 07:26 PM
Anthony-I live in the Dallas area and have never used anything other than Eezox on my LWS32, and LWS380. I have since sold my 380 (that's another story), but still have the 32, and still use Eezox exclusively for this gun, and have for many years. I also use Eezox on my 340PD exclusively. In other words I use Eezox on the small guns that I pocket carry.

For my 1911s I use Militec. As someone mentioned earlier, Larry Seecamp mixes Eezox and Militec for use on the Seecamps in the shop. I personally have not mixed the two. The reason I use Eezox on the Seecamp and 340PD, but use Militec on the 1911s is I think the lighter dryer Eezox might not be enough for the 1911 slides. I have absolutely nothing to back up this rational. But I do know the Eezox is great for the smaller Seecamps. Larry usually knows what he is talking about, especially with his guns.