PDA

View Full Version : About Replacement Triggers

polnurs
April 16, 2010, 05:08 PM
Th trigger on my .24 Ruger Remington model Seven i a little heavy. What kind of replacement trigger can I get? I know there is Timney and Jewel. I would like won that is a drop in type with as little smithing as possible. Apparently, Jewel's are pricey. are they worth it?

DnPRK
April 16, 2010, 06:58 PM
Have you tried adjusting your current trigger?
http://www.snipercountry.com/Articles/RemingtonTriggers.asp

Scorch
April 16, 2010, 10:48 PM
Jewell, Timney, Rifle Basix, any one of them will work well. Midway has them. Pretty much drop-in, just follow the instructions.

polnurs
April 17, 2010, 10:09 AM
thanks for the advice...I think I'll work on the trigger myself. I'm sure I can handle it. Didn't know a person could do that to a Remington. If I change my mind, are the replacement triggers basically drop in or gunsmith required?

Scorch
April 17, 2010, 12:00 PM
They are drop-ins. Easy as pie: take the barreled action out of the stock, remove the bolt, clamp the action in a vise, drive out the two pins that hold the trigger into the action, remove the old trigger, open the package the trigger came in, read the instructions, take out the new trigger and poke around on it until you're ready to install it, then place it in the slot in the action, drive the pins back in, install the bolt, test the trigger, return the barreled action to the stock, go shooting. Pretty straightforward!

polnurs
April 17, 2010, 06:52 PM
Thanks again for the advice. Sorry you had to repeat yourself for me. The snipercountry article is good. will try to adjust it myself.

johnbt
April 19, 2010, 10:22 AM
re: Jewell triggers. Yes, they are worth it. Some of the others are good too, but the design and construction of the Jewell sets it apart function-wise.

John