PDA

View Full Version : bushmaster stainless varmint?

rickr
April 14, 2010, 08:01 PM
anyone here have one? I held one today at a local shop and man was it nice! loved the trigger too. Came home and read a fantastic review on gunblast...

rickr
April 17, 2010, 09:27 AM
bought it - love it.

Still breaking in the barrel but getting 1.5" groups with rem umc ammo. I am quite anxious to see what it will do once the barrel is broken in and I use good ammo.

Love the two stage trigger. 3.5 lbs first stage 1 lb second stage.

10-96
April 18, 2010, 10:28 AM
I have the one with the chrome moly bbl and I'm getting great results with 55gr hand loads over Varget to the tune of .78" per 5 rnd string at 100yds. The only thing I'm not crazy about is that it isn't just real handy as a truck gun. (Maybe I need a bigger truck?). I eyeballed the stainless model at Gander Mtn and it looks to be every bit as good as the CM version- or better. And yes- the triggers are awesome as far as factory triggers go. The first several rounds out of mine, I feared I would have light primer strikes- but those issues never arose. The silly thing just keeps on runnin like it's s'posed to.

rickr
April 18, 2010, 03:05 PM
yea, I am trying different ammo now. Since I don't reload I am a bit limited but I just ordered Black Hills 68 match and Winchester silver ballistic 55.

rickr
April 30, 2010, 02:30 PM
I probably have around 160 rounds through the rifle now. So I assume it is fairly "broken in"

Yesterday, with black hills 68 grain heavy match ammo , I was able to get 4 rounds at 0.40" inches at 100 yards (three were tightly touching making 1 large hole)and 5 rounds at just over 0.50".

Fantastic rifle! and Ammo!