PDA

View Full Version : Does your wife etc leave a heavy ammo box on the porch?

Ignition Override
April 5, 2010, 02:39 AM
She left 600 rds. of nice surplus Czech 8mm there for at least two days, and even with a young woman helping her, they still could not get it over the door's threshold.:( :confused: 30-40 lbs: they would have been fed to the crocodiles in ancient Egypt.

It rained the night before I got home and this stuff in cardboard (luckily) was on the downwind side of the house, did not get wet. The porch has two narrow, solid sides.

Would leaving it outside for two days while you are gone frustrate you?:rolleyes:
She did not want to trouble any married guys across the street or next door to help.

tINY
April 5, 2010, 02:47 AM
If she can't lift it all at once, at least she could have opened the box and taken it in a battle pack at a time...

... women these days.

-tINY

Ignition Override
April 5, 2010, 02:49 AM
Each of those little boxes only have 15 rds.
I was too much of a Dummkopf to arrive at your creative solution, and she is smarter than me, but not as target-fixated.

Your idea is 'ausgezeichnet', 'wunderbar'!:)

tINY
April 5, 2010, 02:52 AM
Only if you trust her knowing where the knife is...

-tINY

Scorch
April 5, 2010, 02:54 AM
Your idea is 'ausgezeichnet', 'wunderbar'!Dang! Had to look that one up!:)

madcratebuilder
April 5, 2010, 08:46 AM
I feel your pain but I would let it go, pick your fights.

Most women just don't have the knowledge about these things.

Is this the 8mm from ammoman? What year is it? I picked up a 48B yesterday with 390 rounds on stripper clips, most have a 1957 date code.

Technosavant
April 5, 2010, 10:12 AM
I don't order heavy items if I'm not going to be home to bring it inside shortly after delivery. I can't imagine being displeased with my wife for not devising a way to get several hundred rounds of ammo inside the front door. If I ordered it, that's MY problem, not hers.

Lavid2002
April 5, 2010, 10:16 AM
Did it recently with the shotshell. I dont care if its in the elements, its in a box. I DO care that people can steal my expensive ammunition. Someone who shouldnt have it could...

Barbicatter
April 5, 2010, 10:45 AM
I think you boys just like to complain.

Thrusday, I bought my husband a safe. He asked "When it would be delivered?" I said "As soon as you pick up." It was only 440 lbs. What's the probelm?:D

And, No I would not leave my Ammo in the rain. I would pester you until you picked it up!:p

rjrivero
April 5, 2010, 11:19 AM
All my powder and primers get delivered to work just for things like this. I don't expect anyone to care for my deliveries like I would.

chuter
April 5, 2010, 11:48 AM
Have a little "chat" with your delivery guy. My UPS or FedEx drivers drop ammo in my garage or inside the back door, not on the steps, when I'm not home to move it (yes, spouse signs for it). I've even had them drop it at a neighbors when no one is at my place and they do the same there.

johnwilliamson062
April 5, 2010, 12:05 PM
UPS delivery people are usually very accommodating.

TRguy
April 5, 2010, 12:16 PM
yeah the EX wife did that once.

Ignition Override
April 5, 2010, 01:27 PM
To clarify, I was never angry, just disappointed.

She is a gem of a wife, an angel:) on Earth. She says that her arms are too weak to shoot even the lightweight .22 Savage with me, or anything else:(.

Technosavant: Can not disagree with that. Prior planning prevents ****-poor performance.

madcratebuilder:
It is Czech, from Gunbroker. As you rotate clockwise, "50, X, *l, 2 ". This brass is shinier than most 50s Yugo (from Ammoman weeks ago).

80viking
April 5, 2010, 04:05 PM
If it was a 30lb box of those smelly candles she would have found a way. :D

Edward429451
April 5, 2010, 04:18 PM
Someone who shouldnt have it could...

I give up, what? Get the assault rifle from the neighbors porch and go on a crime spree? :D

Don't be such a nay sayer!

olddav
April 5, 2010, 05:09 PM
That a girl "Barbicatter", if my wife bought me a safe I would go get ASAP.
Come to think of it, I'd fetch it even if she just paid half.:D

Palmetto-Pride
April 5, 2010, 06:56 PM
You should just be happy she didn't complain about you ordering the ammo in the first place.......:eek:

Art Eatman
April 5, 2010, 07:04 PM
Somewhere on the Internet is a website catering to marital woes. TFL ain't it.