PDA

View Full Version : S&W 469 Duo Tone

Ky Bob
April 1, 2010, 05:29 PM
I found a 469 with blue slide and satin frame at a pawn shop today. Think this is the special production that was made for Ashland Shooting Supplies? The SCSW catalog mentions one with nickel finish but this is more of the satin finish like you see on a lot of S&W models.

SilentHitz
April 1, 2010, 06:17 PM
Never seen a 2 tone, but it's highly possible they made them. I have a satin nickel finish that was made for Ashland...still have the box with label on it. It's my sister's main carry now.

Ky Bob
April 2, 2010, 09:38 AM
Here are some pics. My camera doesn't have much macro so I could not get any close-ups.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/kyarcher/Firearms/DSCN0578.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/kyarcher/Firearms/DSCN0579.jpg

SilentHitz
April 2, 2010, 09:56 AM
I don't suppose he has the original box does he? That would be the easy way to tell if it was delivered that way, or if someone has put a blued slide on a satin frame. At any rate, looks to be in good shape.

Ky Bob
April 2, 2010, 10:05 AM
Nope the box was not the original. I asked to look at that this morning hoping it would still have the factory tag. I sent SW a email yesterday but still no response. I was hoping they would get back to me quicker in case I wanted to buy it before its gone.

SilentHitz
April 2, 2010, 10:21 AM
I hear ya, since the 469 is no longer made, it might not stay there long if he has a descent price on it. If the wear on the rear of the slide, and front of the hammer looks to match...my guess is they did indeed make a 2 tone. Hard call without a hands on look see though.

Ky Bob
April 2, 2010, 10:33 AM
The wear on the slide and frame looked pretty equal. Guy has it priced at $375 but I'd like to find more info on it.

amd6547
April 2, 2010, 07:09 PM
I'm glad to see the picture of it...I recently bought a 469. The previous user put some kind of spray coating on the frame. It looks good, but is a little thick in a couple spots. I am thinking about sending it off for a cera-hide stainless coating on the frame with matt black slide, and seeing that pic confirms that it would look pretty good.
Here is a pic of my 469 as I got it, $300 OTD:
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/amd6547/P1010003_Vga.jpg

SilentHitz
April 2, 2010, 08:39 PM
When my sister remembers where she put the box, I'll try to get a pic of the label and invoice from Ashland.

Sorry for the bad pic, was a quick " Hurry up, I ain't going to the store without it!" from my sister. LOL...anyway, this is the Limited SN. Carried it for years before giving it to her. BTW amd, $300 wasn't a bad price...think it would look good 2 tone.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p27/SilentHitz/2010_0402smith4690003.jpg

Ky Bob
April 2, 2010, 08:46 PM
amd6547 $300 OTD is a good price I would think. This guy has this one priced at $375 with one mag and not the original box nor any papers. Maybe I could get him to come down some but I've never had much luck in the past.

SilentHitz
April 2, 2010, 08:53 PM
Yea, with just the pistol and 1 mag., he needs to come down a bit for sure with no box and papers.

Ky Bob
April 2, 2010, 08:59 PM
SilentHitz is the slide blue? Can't tell for sure because of the flash. I was really hoping that SW would send me the info on it today.

SilentHitz
April 2, 2010, 09:15 PM
It's just bad lighting, it's all Satin nickel. Hope S&W can get the info you need with the serial#...I googled and didn't find squat. I did find a pic of a 2 tone in some old threads from another forum, but he stated that he had his slide blued.

Hope they can supply some good info on it, I'm curious too as to whether they offered it in limited supplies just like the all satin finish.

amd6547
April 3, 2010, 08:48 AM
The 469 was a pistol I wanted when they came out, and couldn't afford. When I saw mine at the gun show, and was able to get it for $300, I couldn't pass it up. I have not gotten it to the range yet, since it has only just warmed up here in Cleveland. After I shoot it, I will decide if I want to get it done up. It does carry nicely IWB, though.