PDA

View Full Version : Glock fixed sight adjustment?

tilsover
March 24, 2010, 07:21 PM
I've been enjoying my Glock 26 for a couple of months now, and was re-reading the manual tonight. It says the fixed rear sight is adjustable for windage. If I ever wanted to move it would I just tap it over with a punch? Thanks.

KenpoTex
March 24, 2010, 07:28 PM
yes, either with a punch, or with a sight-tool (kinda looks like a small C-clamp).

Brian Pfleuger
March 24, 2010, 07:29 PM
I sight drift tool would be ideal. You want to use something that won't dent/mar the finish. A small wooden dowel would work.

45_Shooter
March 24, 2010, 09:44 PM
Glocks are particularly 'fun' to move the sights on, especially factory steel ones; make sure you have a strong brass drift punch, a relatively heavy hammer (brass again works well), and a rag covered board to set the pistol on while beating the tar out of it! (The rear sight is the only one that moves on a Glock)

If your sights are standard plastic however, then the part you need to hit is the base of the sight, which is steel (molded to the upper plastic). A sight pusher is the best way on these sights, although strategic use of a punch/hammer might also work. If you mess up though, the sight might delaminate the steel from the plastic, requiring a replacement.

Wleoff
March 24, 2010, 09:58 PM
Glock makes a rear sight adjustment tool that is shaped like the rear sight. I've got one, but I don't see an number on it. A couple of slips with a brass punch and the tool is cheap. I don't remember paying that much for mine. I think that I bought it from Midway.

evan1293
March 24, 2010, 10:15 PM
If its centered in the notch, you won't need to adjust it.

tilsover
March 25, 2010, 06:33 AM
Thanks alot, folks. Right now I have no reason to move the sight, but was wondering just in case I ever had the need. I've used brass drifts on some old timers before, but the glock sight doesn't look like something I'd want to pound on. I'm kinda new to auto-loaders and appreciate forums like this, I understand not every post may be the God's Truth, but there IS a lot of good info offered.