PDA

View Full Version : MK40 elite 98 w/ night sights..

vikz
March 20, 2010, 09:40 PM
here is my latest acquistion..

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o175/vikz07/20100320_01.jpg
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o175/vikz07/20100320_02.jpg
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o175/vikz07/20100320_03.jpg
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o175/vikz07/20100320_04.jpg

YZR
March 21, 2010, 05:35 AM
Nice gun. I have the MK40 03 version with wood grips.
I'm sure you'll like yours as much as I like mine!

vikz
March 21, 2010, 09:07 PM
YZR what is the difference bet the 2003 elite series and the 98 elite series? the price tag on this was 765 NIB is that what they go for?..I was able to try it today ,100 rounds of FMJ's and 50 rounds of JHP's and did not have a single problem, accuracy is veryy good, i was just shooting at 7yds..

vikz
March 23, 2010, 04:05 PM
bad news for me ! I was shooting this kahr yesterday and half way to box of ammo I started having FTE's, so i thought maybe its me, so i kept trying and making sure i have the right hold but its still happening, took it to the shop and they inspected it and found out that the extractor broke!!So i called Kahr today and they gave me an RM# of some sort BUT they want me to pay the shipping 1st and once they get the firearm and determined that is was indeed a deffective extractor then they will sned me the check for the shipping, but the guy i was talking to said I should call the Ammo manufacturer too and let them know! which means to me that they are trying to pass the blame to the ammo!!and if they think that is was not their fault then what?!! i'm royally screwed! I have to pay for repair and shipping!! So i'll just bring it back to the shop and let them deal with them..Not the best customer service IMHO..

Nykop
March 23, 2010, 05:12 PM
Don't stress it I'm suprised that kahr wants you to pay shipping on your dime actually the extractor is pretty easy to change i keep a few in stock just in case. They might suspect you have been using steel case ammo such as wolf. It can be very hard on the extractor. I'm not even sure they make 40 S&W steel case ammo. Anyway, Im suprised the kahr steel guns are built like tanks and my MK40 has been flawless.

B18C5-EH2
March 23, 2010, 09:47 PM
bad news for me ! I was shooting this kahr yesterday and half way to box of ammo I started having FTE's, so i thought maybe its me, so i kept trying and making sure i have the right hold but its still happening, took it to the shop and they inspected it and found out that the extractor broke!!So i called Kahr today and they gave me an RM# of some sort BUT they want me to pay the shipping 1st and once they get the firearm and determined that is was indeed a deffective extractor then they will sned me the check for the shipping, but the guy i was talking to said I should call the Ammo manufacturer too and let them know! which means to me that they are trying to pass the blame to the ammo!!and if they think that is was not their fault then what?!! i'm royally screwed! I have to pay for repair and shipping!! So i'll just bring it back to the shop and let them deal with them..Not the best customer service IMHO..

Whoa whoa calm down. The first thing any customer service rep is going to do is damage control. Nobody will ever assume responsibility of a product failure without even seeing the failure first hand. I had a problem with my Kahr Arms PM9 and the first guy I got on the phone seemed very matter of fact and kind of dick-ish, but I insisted that they pay for shipping and he agreed to send a prepaid shipping label.

I was then contacted by Ian Burr who is very helpful and he took care of me. Kahr Arms fixed my broken extractor and side panel in SIX total days (just four business days!) with ZERO cost to me.

You need to contact Ian Burr and nobody else at Kahr Arms. They WILL take care of you. I would not be so quick to judge them and write them off so easily.

BTW:

I too was told to contact the ammo supplier. This is called "cover our collective ass" and honestly it makes sense. Why people assume that ammo cannot cause failures is beyond me. In my case it was the ammo.

Were you shooting reloads? If you were - DON'T!

denfoote
March 23, 2010, 10:59 PM
to the shop and they inspected it and found out that the extractor broke!

My guess is that some moron was shooting wolves through it!!!
Yeah, I'm a moron.
I'm guilty!!
I passed a few wolves through my MK9 Elite 98 and did the same damn thing!!
Don't sweat it.
Kahr will make it good!!
Just remember to not shoot Wolf through your gun!!

Nykop
March 24, 2010, 03:08 PM
Some people say its cheaper to shoot wolf and replace the extractor for $15 when its blows up. i guess thats ok for a range pistol but I would not shoot wolf through my EDC gun