PDA

View Full Version : Benelli

cowhand57
March 10, 2010, 03:05 PM
hi, I'm interested in purchasing a benelli super black eagle 2 this year for waterfowl hunting. I love the feel of the gun and the way it shoots.... just seems to fit me right, but the price is pretty high. Anyone know of any deals out there on them or does benelli every have any special offers....??????any other guns out there match the sbe with a lower price tag??
thanks

Jimbo-Indy
March 10, 2010, 03:17 PM
Benelli has some BIG $ requirements to get to be a dealer. This means only the big guys are Benelli dealers. This restricts competition, generally. There may be some deals out there but you will probably have to go through one of the big chains like Gander Mountain, Dicks Sporting Goods, etc. I bought a Stoger (distributed by Benelli) and got a good deal at Dick's. My favorite local gun store wasn't able to meet their money and stock requirements. Check out the big chains in your area.

BigJimP
March 10, 2010, 04:21 PM
I see prices on Benelli's vary a little depending on where you order it from ...but not more than 10% probably ( if that ) .....and I wouldn't fuss with it / just order it thru your local gunshop.

I have a Benelli Super Sport .... and I'm very happy with it .....and have long since forgotten how much premium I had to pay for it ....its been worth every penny over its competition, in my opinion.

johnbt
March 10, 2010, 04:27 PM
The only deals I've ever seen are the 5 or 6 SBEs that always turn up used on the rack at the local gun store every winter.

Yes they feel great in the hands. Yes they're light guns and kick. Yes, they get traded in year after year.

Buyer beware if you shoot a lot. But some folks love them.

John

firemed
March 14, 2010, 06:23 PM
A buddy of mine is a big time goose and duck hunter and has used a black eagle for several years and no problems so far. We clean our guns at the end of the seasons and wipe em down now and than, as duck commanders say, we pull the trigger and they always go boom. (BY the way I have a m2 and love it never failed me!!)

chaser_2332
March 14, 2010, 08:19 PM
check out whittaker guns in owenburo ky they will ship to any ffl and are the lowest prices i have found i saved several hundered dollars buying through them

sks
March 14, 2010, 10:13 PM
As stated above I would check the local gun shops for used ones. Especially if you have some local guys that you have a good relationship with.

Also, if you live near a Cabela's they have some fairly good deals from time to time. Right now they are giving $75.00 off when you spend $500.00 or more. They sometimes give 10% off any purchase. You can also put things on lay-a-way and apply coupons when you get them.

Good luck.