PDA

View Full Version : Concealed holster for sig sauer 232

skydog1979
March 1, 2010, 02:38 PM
I have a sig sauer 232, and I am looking to purchase a concealed holster for the gun. I would love to hear some suggestions. There seems to be so much out there, I am a little lost in trying to find the right holster. Thanks for your suggestions.

The Great Mahoo
March 1, 2010, 02:43 PM
While I can't speak to the Sig 232 specifically, I am very pleased with my holster from K&D Leather (http://www.kdholsters.com/products.php). I have one of their tuckable IWB Dakota Defenders, which is no longer offered, but it is absolutley terrific, and one of the most comfortable holsters I have owned.

I also like some of the simple ones from Bianchi and Galco, which are typically readily available without a wait time.

What style are you looking for? IWB, OWB, Shoulder? W/ or w/o added retention strap? Planned position for carry?

Brian Pfleuger
March 1, 2010, 02:55 PM
Check reviews on the Crossbreed Supertuck. I have one and I love it. Never seen a bad review.

AK103K
March 1, 2010, 06:56 PM
What type of holster are you looking for?

I have a couple of P230's, and use either a Blade Tech IWB, or a Galco Executive shoulder holster, which is my favorite by far. I'm not a real fan of shoulder holsters, but this one is very different than most.

I also have a Galco ankle holster, which works well, but if I were to do it again, I'd go with Desantis. I have one of their ankle holsters for my 60/642, and its a lot more comfortable than the Galco.

You may also want to look into Smart Carry. I also have one of these, and with the right pants, it works very well, and is very comfortable. For me though, the P230 is really about as big as I want to go gun wise with this holster.

skydog1979
March 2, 2010, 10:22 AM
Thanks. I was thinking about IWB setup.

AK103K
March 2, 2010, 11:02 AM
The Blade Tech holsters work well with that type carry, and are about half of what youd pay for a good leather holster, and will long outlast one. They are made of kydex, and may tend to wear the finish at one or two points more noticeably than leather, which tends to wear the finish more over all. You dont have the rust issue with kydex, like you do with leather.

RichC
March 2, 2010, 11:52 AM
I use a Milt Sparks IWB holster with a Sig 232 and love it.

http://www.miltsparks.com/

rsxr22
March 4, 2010, 07:21 PM
i like crossbreed and comp-tac mtacs alot, but for a cheaper holster that does the trick, check out the don hume

alloy
March 4, 2010, 07:29 PM
The most comfortable I found is Desantis cozy partner which they only list as fitting a Walther PPK type handgun.
The ejection port blocking is off a teeny bit for the Sig but it works perfectly regardless and I alternate it for either handgun.

K-Man
March 10, 2010, 09:57 AM
We'll still make the Dakota Defender if you ask for it. We just do not have it advertised on our website.

Also, I have an OWB, clip on the belt, holster on hand for the P232. It's a right hand version, and black in color. It's fully covered in genuine alligator. The price is $80 + shipping.

Mallard76
March 13, 2010, 02:59 PM
I carry mine in a Don Hume IWB holster.

kmc_XD40
March 24, 2010, 12:25 AM
I got a universal CCW holster from a gun show recently and it has been the best $25 I've spent. it came with a metal clip but I use the belt loop, it fits both my XD40 and Kimber 1911 (depending on if I'm at the range or for everyday use) this link is for an e-bay sale for the same thing I got - here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180484886464&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT)