PDA

View Full Version : Availability of the C&R CZ 82?

The Tourist
February 22, 2010, 06:27 PM
In another thread I mentioned to a member here that the CZ 82 was available through C&R (dealers). Thinking about my terminology, this might imply that old information I had was still correct, and the pistol was still being sold.

To that end, I have not seen continuing sales information.

Are they all gone, did the promotion stop, is there a list of C&R dealers I may have never seen, etc.

Sorry if I shot my mouth off without some solid facts.

angel71rs
February 22, 2010, 06:42 PM
You can get them transferred thru any regular FFL. I almost bought one till I accidentally ran across the Academy Sigma sale and bought one of those instead.

C&R = curious and relics. People with a C&R are supposed to use their license to purchase for their own personal collection. You can get a C&R license for 30 bucks, go to the ATF website, choose the C&R option from the right side, they will mail it to you. I just got my application Saturday. With that, you can buy any weapon on the C&R list and have it shipped directly to your door, no need to go thru a FFL.

Places like AIM and SOG sell them, but don't know if they have any in stock right now. They had them when I was considering purchasing 3-4 weeks ago.

AcridSaint
February 22, 2010, 06:46 PM
CDNN has them, AIM surplus has them and J&G has them. There's also a C&R place near me that had them last I checked, don't have the name off the top of my head.

Yamatr3
February 22, 2010, 10:28 PM
I wouldn't recommend CDNN, I bought a CZ82 from them. I paid for an excellent one and received one that was in garbage condition. I cleaned the gun and the paint on the slide wiped right off.

christcorp
February 22, 2010, 11:13 PM
I wish the paint on mine wiped off. I spent 2 days with a dremmel and sand paper getting the paint off of my slide. I was going to totally redo the finish once the paint was removed, but I REALLY like the steel look the way it is. And rust is never a problem where I live. I've had the slide and trigger aread stripped to bare steel, and it's been about 4 months. I might leave it like this. If not, I may eventually duracoat it.

RamSlammer
February 22, 2010, 11:19 PM
CZ 82 availability is very good now among C&R distributors. Prices seem to be ranging from $159 to $239 with many having the nicer accessory package than previous offerings. (Black leather holster and mag carrier vs that weird unfinished leather pouch thing.)

AcridSaint
February 22, 2010, 11:45 PM
For what it's worth, I've heard that paint stripper can be used on them.

christcorp
February 23, 2010, 12:42 AM
I've used paint stripper. INCLUDING AirCraft stripper. That shiite is baked on. What a PITA. Dremmel/Sand paper seems to be the best. Unless of course you want to totally strip down the gun (Meaning tear down all the parts). Then you can bead blast it and other options.