PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a XS7

grubbylabs
February 18, 2010, 11:55 PM
Any one have any input on the Marlin XS7 series bolt rifles? Not sure if they are a new rifle for Marlin or if they have been out for a while. I have only read one review on another forum and it was very positive.

Any feed back or input on this rifle would help.

hometheaterman
February 19, 2010, 12:20 AM
Aren't these just the short action versions of the XL-7's? If so I haven't read a bad thing yet about the XL-7's. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one. They have a reputation for being super accurate at a great price and just a good rifle for a great price.

grubbylabs
February 19, 2010, 03:50 PM
My gun shop said about 300 for the gun out the door.

hometheaterman
February 19, 2010, 04:05 PM
Yeah that sounds about right. I think it was $299.99 or something at Dicks Sporting Goods here and $309.99 at a gunshop I checked. Well, the local gunshop near my house was like $409.99 or something crazy but they are always really high. Seems like they think throwing a $30 scope on some guns and calling it a package makes it worth $100 more.

Most places I've seen them have been around $300 though. This sounds like the going rate. If you are getting $300 out the door that's pretty decent as most are around that + tax. If you like the rifle and it's in a caliber you want I'd pick it up. However, if you don't want the gun it's not worth picking up just because of the price.

Billy Tasso
February 19, 2010, 09:07 PM
I'm another guy that has looked at the Marlin XS7 in .308. I can put my hands on a brand new one in the box for about $257.00 plus tax. I don't have a .308 so that may be all the justification I need :); however, I would like to know what you guys think of the rifle before I purchase one at any price.
I've got until Monday to make up my mind, so let me know what you guys think. Anybody with personal experience with one, your feedback would be helpful.

hometheaterman
February 19, 2010, 09:42 PM
Honestly if it was me at $257 I'd go ahead and pick it up. I kind of like them but like the Savages slightly better. That's just personal preference though. I decided for $300 I just don't need one. If I ever got a rifle like that it would be one I looked at though. For $257 though I'd probably purchase one.

grubbylabs
February 20, 2010, 12:39 AM
Here is a pretty detailed write up on one in 308 bill.http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=504467

Armed Citizen
February 20, 2010, 12:50 PM
I think I saw one in the Cabela's online website sale flyer for $259, looks like a good deal.

cwayne21
February 20, 2010, 11:51 PM
i work at a gunshop with a shooting range behind it and have shot several of the xl7s. they shoot great and have an excellent trigger. they are built almost like a savage and have the same look and feel the savages do. i dont think ne1 can go wrong buying one of these because for 300 dollars how can u go wrong. we have sold many of them and no complaints yet so i would def recommend it

heymax
March 1, 2010, 11:31 AM
I just bought a XS7 in 243 from Wholesalehunter.com with a scope which is equal to a Bushnell Banner for $313.00. They also have the XL7 in 270 and 30-06 also for $313.00. I chose to have it shipped 2nd day air so my final cost was 349.90. After going over the gun, I am very happy with my purchase. It is a very well made affordable Gun.

grubbylabs
March 1, 2010, 03:56 PM
I ordered the gun from another shop because the first guy could not gt it. So I am waiting for it to get here, I just read the other thread about it possibly being on back order. I hope its not, I just bought a scope for it on Saturday. Can't wait to get it and put a few rounds down range. Oh the second shop wound up being 329.00 plus the Governors share.