PDA

View Full Version : Cobra patriot .45 Any good?

k9barco
February 10, 2010, 07:16 AM
I have never seen one, just ads for them. Anyone have any experiences, good or bad?

NGIB
February 10, 2010, 07:27 AM
With guns (as well as anything else in life) the adage "you get what you pay for" is true. Bargain guns are usually bargain guns for good reason...

Don P
February 10, 2010, 08:51 AM
At the local gun store I was told as stated here you get what you pay for. They are a hit and miss as far as quality. You get a good one, good deal and if you get a bad one, oh well we know what happens then.

45Gunner
February 10, 2010, 10:12 AM
I've had one experience with Cobra and would run, not walk, away as fast as you can. Cobra's are good paperweights that look like guns and could also double as boat anchors if there is not a strong current.

Edward429451
February 10, 2010, 09:33 PM
...and is way to light for the 45acp cartridge
I didn't think a 45 could kick that much.
Had it less thasn a week, didnt want to have to mess around concocting special light loads for it. Better off buying a old beat up Government model ;)

w_houle
February 10, 2010, 10:17 PM
It's on my "to buy" list.

Te Anau
February 12, 2010, 11:08 AM
With guns (as well as anything else in life) the adage "you get what you pay for" is true. Bargain guns are usually bargain guns for good reason...
Not true in this case....or Hi-Points.
I've had one experience with Cobra and would run, not walk, away as fast as you can. Cobra's are good paperweights that look like guns and could also double as boat anchors if there is not a strong current.
I have to assume that you didn't have the Patriot .45acp which from my experience has proven itself to be a most capable gun using 230gr FMJ ammunition.

michael t
February 13, 2010, 05:30 PM
To lite for a club but fine for a paper weight. :)

w_houle
February 13, 2010, 05:33 PM
To lite for a club but fine for a paper weight.
Sounds like a Glock :p

bdb benzino
February 14, 2010, 02:37 AM
They are kinda cool to me because they use standard 1911 mags, and for somone who likes and has alot of gear for 1911's, thats pretty usefull ;). My local smithy has one and I have been tempted to buy it, but was worried about build quality as I have never had direct experience with one. It does feel good in the hand, and I would carry with 8 round mags but have 10 round back up mags.
How do i I get myself in these situations? Dilema:confused: