PDA

View Full Version : New Agent versus Ultra Carry II?

bamiller
February 7, 2010, 02:12 PM
Looking for a compact and light 1911 in a 45 for carry and right now looking at the Colt New Agent and Kimber Ultra Carry II. Would appreciate informed opinions and any other suggestions for a compact/light 1911.

critter44
February 7, 2010, 02:18 PM
Actually, I have both of those guns. Both are really good choices. Both mine are 100% reliable. The new agent does not have sights as such and so is a little less able to shoot 'groups'. However, it is PLENTY accurate to do the job asked of it I believe.

The main difference is the weight. The Colt is MUCH lighter than the other and, therefore, much more comfy to carry for long periods of time.

Hard to go wrong with either. Your choice, based on your preference as to sights and weight.

bamiller
February 7, 2010, 03:12 PM
critter44,

Supposedly the New Agent is 24 oz and the Ultra Carry II 25 oz? Is that not correct?

critter44
February 8, 2010, 10:18 AM
You are probably right. Not as much difference as I thought. Actually, I like them both.

bamiller
February 8, 2010, 10:38 AM
Critter44,

Since you have both pistols you'd be the perfect one to ask. If you had to pick only one for the purpose of carry which would you choose and why?