PDA

View Full Version : Shooting my Beretta 21A Bobcat 22lr at 25yards.

Elvishead
January 29, 2010, 01:37 AM
Boy, what a challenge.

After about 300 rounds with my Bobcat 22 Monday night, I decided to try my luck at 25 yards.

Shooting that little tiny gun, with little tiny sights almost seems impossible to even shoot the silhouette, and a big B-27 at that. I'm pretty good at 7 yards now, but it's still pretty easy to get total flyer's. I get around 4" groups at about 10 yards, but after that you really have to focus.

Well, out of 32/4mags rounds (at 25y) about one shot a second I got 20 in the #8 area, which 12 of those were in the #9 area. I'm sure it's not impressive but I got every one on the silhouette. So I at least know I can hit somebody at 75 feet.

I would have liked to shoot it in the 50 yard rifle range, but they have new jerks for a staff, and the rifle range was closed so Bob Munden could make a video there.

TBS, this gun has been pretty reliable the more I shoot it, and despite it's not a long range gun, I'm pretty impressed with it. It had a few jams, but nothing I couldn't fix in a flash, and no misfires.:rolleyes:

Mosin44az
January 29, 2010, 01:59 AM
I liked my little M21 .25. Nice trigger, and accurate for the size. I bet you could drill quick, multiple holes in an attacker's face at 7 yards or so.

mr-geep
January 29, 2010, 11:27 AM
Love my M21, I hated the .25 auto with a passion, but all I had ever shot before were Ravens. I've never tried to "group" with it, but I know I can hit a paper plate consistantly at 20 feet. Mine has never jammed which amazed me because the guns have no extractor!
I bought it because I wanted something I could slip in my pocket in a hurry and the guy I bought it from made me a hell of a deal (which I never seem to be able to pass up).

amd6547
January 29, 2010, 12:03 PM
When i owned a Model 21a 22lr, I found I had no problem hitting a pop can repeatedly at 25yds, rapidfire.
Now, I have one in 25acp...It is a blast to shoot, useful for low-profile carry, and accurate enough to knock down bowling pins at 10yds, hitting them at the very top...I just wish ammo was cheaper.

NightSleeper
January 29, 2010, 01:00 PM
That's some pretty good shooting for a pocket pistol.

czf
January 29, 2010, 01:53 PM
Yes, they are well made ( like most Berettas) and are generally reliable.
http://onfinite.com/libraries/1456269/b31.jpg
However, give the choice between a .22 or .380 power.

I sold my Bobcat and got a sexy CZech model.
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/czrami/GUNS2/MDE/MDE3.jpg

She shoots as good as she looks!
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/czrami/GUNS2/MDE/DT380-1.jpg

My High Noon pocket holster for the Beretta .22/25 or .32 is For Sale.
http://onfinite.com/libraries/1456270/b31.jpg

4INCHSMITH
January 29, 2010, 07:35 PM
Well you certainly shoot better than a stormtrooper!;):)

I've never shot a Bobcat, but they look fun.

Elvishead
January 30, 2010, 02:21 AM
When i owned a Model 21a 22lr, I found I had no problem hitting a pop can repeatedly at 25yds, rapidfire.

Not to sound skeptical, but I sure would like to see that.:rolleyes:

I'm just happy to hit center mass, but I haven't done a lot of shooting my 21A at 25 yards, maybe next time I'll get some more time at 25Y with the little mousy.

Bill DeShivs
January 30, 2010, 06:44 PM
A Model 21 should be able to shoot 4" groups at 25 yards. Whether the shooter can accomplish that is subjective, but the gun should. They are very accurate for pocket guns.

mrt949
January 31, 2010, 07:06 AM
I shoot my 21 A .For a warm up in point shooting for my SEECAMP 32.When I go to the range . Some times I carry the 21a with stingers .One of MY favorite MOUSE GUNS :D

pinetree
January 31, 2010, 08:14 AM
Not bad. I need to try my Beretta Jetfire the next time I go to the range.

Elvishead
February 20, 2010, 07:13 AM
Not bad. I need to try my Beretta Jetfire the next time I go to the range.

I did a little better this week, got most in the 8 or better area at 25y, but I still would have qualified to get a permit if I shot that bad at 7 yards.:D

Honestly, I haven't figure the gun out, not sure if it's me or the gun but it shoots high left for me at 5-10 yards. So at 25y, I aim low right, but that doesn't always work, so I guess it's me, not the gun. I do go center mass at 25y and sometime it's pretty close to center mass.:rolleyes:

TBS, I have to aim the gun a little low, or I can't get the front sight in picture to line up.

amd6547
February 20, 2010, 01:49 PM
Hitting a pop can at 25 yds wasn't hard at all. I started out shooting at the can laying on the berm...I could see the misses in the dirt. Soon, all my rounds were on the can, as I figured out the POA/POI, which was pretty close in my case. Try it, you will like it....you will amaze your friends, and receive doubting smilies from internet experts who won't believe you!

Elvishead
February 20, 2010, 10:11 PM
amd6547

Hitting a pop can at 25 yds wasn't hard at all. I started out shooting at the can laying on the berm...I could see the misses in the dirt. Soon, all my rounds were on the can, as I figured out the POA/POI, which was pretty close in my case. Try it, you will like it....you will amaze your friends, and receive doubting smilies from internet experts who won't believe you!

I'd still would like to see that, but if you can do what you say, that's pretty awesome. I can shoot a pop can at 15 yards in my back yard with my pellet gun, but that's all I can shoot at only 15y. Look up Elvishead on www.Youtube.com

I said the F-word so I can't post it.

Bill DeShivs
February 21, 2010, 02:18 AM
In my younger days, I had a .22 short Beretta Minx with the longer (3") barrel.
I could keep 3 out of 5 shots on a regular, 50 round .22 box at a measured 25 yards. The little Berettas are amazingly accurate.

radom
February 21, 2010, 06:28 AM
The little things realy are good shooters and totaly amazing and yes they can be deadly on pop cans at 45 feet.