PDA

View Full Version : Sig P239 Trigger: SUCKS!

Chinny33
January 25, 2010, 01:59 PM
Ive had my P239 (9mm) for 2 years now and I loathe the trigger. A LOT of over travel and it creeps A LOT! the trigger reset is FAR too.

Any suggestions on who makes a good trigger mechanism upgrade for the P239?

DBAR
January 25, 2010, 02:03 PM
Gray Guns Inc.

Bruce, and his staff are very knowledgeable with Sigs. They have done a ton of Research & Development with Sigs. The have their own "action kits", and they can also do a complete action job for you.

DBAR

Uncle Malice
January 25, 2010, 02:07 PM
Gray Guns indeed... plus the SRT trigger is pretty wonderful.

I am far from thinking that the sig trigger 'sucks' by any means... it's quite smooth. You would probably benefit from the short trigger as well as the SRT system.

If you're still unhappy, an action job from Gray guns would rock your world.... but it's not cheap.

Gelgoog
January 25, 2010, 02:15 PM
Frankly I wasn't impressed with the SRT trigger on my Sig 229 elite. The DA/SA trigger on my beretta cougar and beretta 92 inox are just as good if not better then the SRT.

Uncle Malice
January 25, 2010, 02:18 PM
Frankly I wasn't impressed with the SRT trigger on my Sig 229 elite. The DA/SA trigger on my beretta cougar and beretta 92 inox are just as good if not better then the SRT.

Weird. I would reate the my 220 Elite and 229 Elite to be heads and tails above any of the 92's I have shot. Haven't shot a Cougar so I can't say there. Looks like the same design though. So each their own I guess. The Beretta trigger is certainly nowhere near the reset length of the SRT... and that is the only thing it changes.

Chinny33
January 25, 2010, 05:38 PM
can i install the SRT trigger myself? Im no gunsmith. but is it possible?

rogelk
January 25, 2010, 05:45 PM
Good question Chinny33.

DBAR
January 25, 2010, 05:58 PM
You should be able to put the trigger in yourself, if you know how to do a complete disassembly.

I have to agree with what others are saying about the Sig trigger system. I haven't touched one that trully sucked. I have touched one that was a little gritty, but that could go away with a couple of hundred rounds. Most of the Sig triggers are pretty sweet out of the box.

DBAR

lambertsteeth
January 25, 2010, 07:10 PM
Chinney,
Go to top gun supply. If you can convert the 239, I don't know if you can. They will be able to help. You can also go to Sigforum.com. Do a search. There is almost certainly info on there. If your search doesn't help, there is a forum there to ask a Sig armorer questions like this.

Uncle Malice
January 25, 2010, 08:39 PM
That is, of course, assuming that you can actually sign up for the sigforum...

Their registration form says that they prohibit yahoo and hotmail accounts.... well I have Gmail... I have since 2003... I was a beta tester.... and I don't know if it just bans gmail accounts across the board too... but it said that my email address was banned... and I've certainly never registered there before.

I tried with both my personal and professional gmail accounts and neither worked. So apparently I'm out of luck trying to get an account on sigforum.

Tom2
January 25, 2010, 08:43 PM
My 239 has the lightest DA action of any of the Sigs I have owned. Some of the Sigs I had seemed heavier than the 92 or even a P1 Walther. The 239 is the only Sig I have left and the action is why it is still here instead of traded off. That, and the fact no dealer at a couple of gunshows even wanted to make an offer for some reason. IF the value is too low I might as well set on it at this time in history!