PDA

View Full Version : Value ??? Uberti 1873

Gunfighter123
January 20, 2010, 11:20 PM
Hello,
ANyone give me a ballpark value on a Uberti 1873 .45 rifle with the straight stock and THIRTY inch barrel ?? Cond. is 98% --- thanks , GF123
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/Jailbird123/DSC01004.jpg

hickstick_10
January 21, 2010, 04:57 AM
Can we please put a sticky up to tell others how to roughly value there guns???

Ok here goes, there is a secret site, concealed on the interweb

its called www.gunbroker.com look for closed auctions on your model rifle, as you know its an italian repro.

also see http://www.uberti.com/firearms/1873_rifle_and_carbine.php

they made those long barrels not to long ago.

Uncle Buck
January 21, 2010, 08:59 AM
Highstick, I understand what you are saying... But I personaly like to see the question here on TFL, when accompanied by a picture. I do not like to go to gunbroker unless I have to (and I do not have to very often).

It was pretty obvious, through the title of the post, what the thread was about. If you do not want to read it, skip over it without opening it.

The man asked a very honest questions and should expect an honest answer in return, not an "OK, can we ...." reply.

Sorry if this offends you or anyone else, but it has been getting to me for awhile now.

Gunfighter123: Nice rifle. Are you selling it, buying it or trying to get an insurance value for it?

mapsjanhere
January 21, 2010, 09:30 AM
I agree with UB, gunbroker is a good start, but if I go by that site, $600 is a decent price for a fair Russian SKS. Sometimes it helps to get info like "it's been overhyped over the last six months due to an article in ...", or opposite "xxx just got a shipment in and the prices are the lowest in years".

Scorch
January 21, 2010, 12:13 PM
If you look on GunsAmerica, they are listed from about $900 to $1,000 (some less, some more).

Gunfighter123
January 21, 2010, 12:47 PM
Ok here goes, there is a secret site, concealed on the interweb

OK , here goes , there are other "secret sites " also--------- I have bought/sold firearms on Gunbroker , GunsAmerica , and Auction Arms etc. and I DID DO A SEARCH for completed sales/auctions ------ NONE OF THEM had info on a THIRTY INCH barrel rifle like mine.

Uncle Buck ----- thank you for your well thought out input !!!!

BTW --- I was hopeing for a "blue book" value on my rifle --- I can go to my local library { another "secret site " } and they have a "blue book etc" BUT THE PROBLEM with that is either they are a few years old already or they are checked out by someone else.

EDIT --- Uncle Buck , I may be selling or tradeing it in the near future.

hickstick_10
January 22, 2010, 01:12 AM
New price on one of those in 2004 (according to The Complete Book of Guns)..... not so secret source. It may have been imported/ordered by another company.

Imported 1873(page 147), 30 inch barrel was 1070$ MSRP new.

hope it helps.

Gunfighter123
January 22, 2010, 10:50 PM
Thanks hickstick ---- it is hard to find info on the 30" brl. -------- I am thinking about $850/$900 is what I should try to get for mine.