PDA

View Full Version : Want an AR 15 grip - Stark SE or Magpul MIAD?

pilpens
January 13, 2010, 07:39 AM
Grip angle:
Stark SE - approx 15 degrees
Magpul MIAD - approx 25 degrees.
GI - 30 degrees.
The 30 degree angle of the GI model is not very comfortable. I will replace the grip with either a MIAD or the SE.
Do any of you have the Stark SE? Why did you pick it over the MIAD? How does it feel when shooting at different positions? Do you wish you bought a MIAD instead? Mainly, how do you like the SE grip angle compared to the MIAD?

hoytinak
January 13, 2010, 07:55 AM
I've never seen the Stark SE but both my AR's and my issued M4 have a MIAD on them and I couldn't be happier with them....it's very comfortable for me.

Bartholomew Roberts
January 13, 2010, 07:59 AM
Haven't tried the Stark SE. Looking at it, I think the two things that concern me are:

1. Could I live with a sling swivel/hook in that location

2. The beavertail on the grip - I tend to like to grip as high up as possible (a holdover from pistol shooting maybe) and it looks like the Stark beavertail would force me to take a lower grip than I could with the MIAD.

However, while I like the MIAD and one of my rifles wears one; my favorite for comfort is still the Sierra Precision SPR grip. A bit older; but very comfortable for me (less comfortable for weakside naturally).

Al Thompson
January 13, 2010, 11:37 AM
IMHO, your really going to have to get your hands on the grips. It's sort of like buying shoes - you really don't know what fits until you try them on.

FWIW, I like the Magpul my self.

RT
January 13, 2010, 12:23 PM
Almost everyone that uses the MIAD likes it -- very customizable. I have the MOE grip on all my ARs and like it just fine.

madcratebuilder
January 13, 2010, 12:41 PM
I like my 1911 grip adapter. Since I shoot the 1911 it's a natural.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/madcratebuilder/AR001-1.jpg