PDA

View Full Version : A thanks to Zippy!

namlot1979
January 6, 2010, 08:27 AM
Just wanted to thank Zippy for all his knowledge and willingness to help us less experienced shooters. I read all your post and gain so much from them. Zippy is a great asset to this forum and wanted to thank him personally. Reminds me of my grandpa without all the "go get me a beer" commands. Thanks again sir

BigJimP
January 6, 2010, 11:35 AM
Nice Note ... I'll second that ....well done Zippy....

zippy13
January 6, 2010, 11:57 AM
Thanks guys… blush, blush
Yep, and, like my friend BigJimP, I'm a proud grandpa.

BigJimP
January 6, 2010, 12:03 PM
Yes ....but we don't smell like Grandpa's .... well maybe I do ...

rantingredneck
January 6, 2010, 12:04 PM
Both of the above gentlemen, Zippy and BigJimP, along with our fearless moderator Dave McC are walking encyclopedias of all things shotgun. Good work guys.

BigJimP
January 6, 2010, 12:08 PM
Thanks - but I think there are a lot of guys - OneOunce, ScattergunBob, HogDogs, etc that help in a lot of different aspects of shotgunning...

There is way too much to know about all the different aspects ...but that's why its fun ...

oneounceload
January 6, 2010, 12:22 PM
Oh, now don't go throwing my name in there, (even if I am a grandpa too)...:p

namlot1979
January 6, 2010, 12:31 PM
i hope i didnt offend anybody by not thanking them as well, i appreciate all of the advise and info everybody on here adds, well maybe all but that shootemindahead guy, he just rubs me the wrong way for some reason...i am very pleased i stumbled across this forum and have benefited from the entire groups wisdom...thanks again....(it just seems that most of Zippys replies relate to me and my shooting needs)

zippy13
January 6, 2010, 01:04 PM
Throughout our lives, we each tend to learn more and more about less and less with some topics and less and less about more and more with other. Shotgunning is no exception. This forum gives all of us a great opportunity to exchange information. I'm sure I've learned more than I've shared.

For those of us who've spent many years on the target ranges and game fields, we've seen far too many enthusiastic new shooters become disillusioned because of a lack of information. Unless a newbie could buddy-up with an experienced shooter, he was destined to take one step backwards for each two forward. It's no wonder he became frustrated.

With the advent of internet forums, newbies (in all endeavors) now have quick access to answers that were previously learned by trial and error. For the most part, the frequent posters are here to share their experiences to help others avoid the common (and not so common) pitfalls. We love shotgunning and want to help others share the experience. At times, the postings may seem redundant, but it's new info to some.

BigJimP
January 6, 2010, 03:05 PM
I'm with Zippy ...... ( and I know I didn't mention everyone either ....like Oldrum who I just realized I left out ...)

But I don't care if someone has made 10 posts / or 10,000 posts - if they have something positive to contribute to the conversation ..its a good thing.

And if one of us old guys can help someone not make the same mistakes we made on guns, loaders, etc - and we can save somebody some money - its a great thing.....

I too learn more than I share - on the shotgun side, revolvers, semi-autos, reloading, etc sites on this forum ...

oneounceload
January 6, 2010, 03:14 PM
If I don't learn something new everyday, it's because I spent the day in bed asleep.......I think we ALL learn something from places like these

Dave McC
January 6, 2010, 05:53 PM
Not a grandpa, but there's a Grandniece and two Grandnephews that do not care. It's attitude and commitment that matter, not biology.

The folks on this BB, with accumulated CENTURIES of real, hands on knowledge, are a resource beyond price.

And I've learned as much as I've taught.

Thanks....

Dre
January 6, 2010, 07:23 PM
Thank you guys for sharing with valuable stuff/tips :):):)

This is the best forum with very knowledgeable members, YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

hogdogs
January 6, 2010, 08:36 PM
Well thanx fer the honorable mention fer sure!

I ain't a grampa yet... (unless junior made a youngin' he ain't met yet):eek:
Brent

BigJimP
January 7, 2010, 12:50 PM
You never know HogDog ....

Our #10 grandchild ( and number 6 grandson ) was born 3 months ago ....and the good news is, my son married well, so my grandson won't be ugly and stupid ...(its his mothers fault - the ex ..)...

But best of all, the little fella is named after me, so he'll be a stud .....( and he'll get a Browning XS Skeet O/U with adj comb for his 16th birthday ...he just doesn't know it yet).....

DG45
January 7, 2010, 12:56 PM
I appreciate your help too, Zippy.