PDA

View Full Version : Remington Model 510 22Cal Single Shot Rifle

usholcombs
January 3, 2010, 12:52 PM
I'm a new member and greatly appreciate what I have seen on The Firing Line forum. I have inherited a Remington Model 510 and the only markings I can find other then general model number stamping are on the side of the barrel "nkP" Can someone tell me the meaning of this stamping. Additionally, I'm looking for a replacement butt plate (plastic) for this rifle. Any ideas for a good source? I have grand kids that I want to start teaching with this one. Thanks...Chris

Doyle
January 3, 2010, 05:48 PM
For a buttstock, try Numrich. I'd bet that the "nkP" is the proof mark. The 5?? series were known as great shooting rifles. I've got a 512 (which is the tube-fed version).

usholcombs
January 3, 2010, 05:56 PM
Doyle.....thanks for your reply. I want an original type butt plate. Thought I would find someone with a few extras. Again, Thanks and Happy New Year!....Chris

Scorch
January 3, 2010, 06:38 PM
You might find someone with an old Remington buttplate hanging around, but if you get tired of waiting Numrich sells replica Remington buttplates, about $20 with shipping and handling. I have used a couple of them. They are a little lighter than the originals, but a good replacement part.
http://www.e-gunparts.com/products_new.asp?CatID=4276

2rugers
January 3, 2010, 06:43 PM
Nice rifles, very accurate.

I have one that was handed down to me by my father.

Saw an ad on ebay that lists that rifle for $5 back in the 30's or 40's, now they go for $150 + on GB.
Ahhh the good ol' days.