PDA

View Full Version : After market barrels/recoil springs

Double Impact
December 20, 2009, 04:41 PM
Hello
I was looking to get some opinions on Lonewolf barrels for glocks and noncaptured vs captured recoil spring set ups in glocks.

See I just picked up a G20 and because of the versatility of ammo for that gun, I'm thinking of a lonewolf barrel and a 22# recoil spring set up from wollf a stainless steel rod noncaptured spring.

ANY EXPERIENCED OPINIONS ?:D

DasFriek
December 21, 2009, 11:48 AM
I used to own a G20c and purchased a LW .40 conversion barrel and 20# or 22# recoil spring as i forget which.
The Barrel was perfect and more accurate then the stock glock,but be careful and test the spring with many loads as if you aren't using full power loads a heavy spring will cause feed and extraction issues.
I use a like Wolff springs better than most stock springs when ever possible in any gun i own.

d sage
December 21, 2009, 01:42 PM
I just installed a LW .357 Sig barrel and a Wolf recoil spring / rod set in my G27. It was flawless from the first shot. The LW seems a little more accurate than the stock .40 barrel. The "factory standard" recoil spring assembly seems kind of weird with 2 matched springs and rods non-captured but works perfectly. I have a very high level of trust in Wolf springs. They also included a new striker spring which I installed along with the rest of the stuff. After only 100 rounds absolutely no problems. I also put another 100 ronds of .40 through with the stock barrel to test the new springs. You guessed it - perfect.