PDA

View Full Version : I got a beretta 950bs 25.cal and I dont care what the big bore people say!!!

enfield777
December 15, 2009, 03:47 AM
my beretta 950bs with blazer 25.cal full metel jacket round I put rounds through a half inch piece of and into a fridge the round went through the one side and stuck in the other side I pulled 4 of the 5 rounds out and all of them were still perfect beside the rifling marks ya a big hunkin 45.cal, 40.cal, and so on.... no body wants a face full of bullets no matter what the size am I right. Ya you can trust that 45.cal to stop a horse, but damn this little gun has never jammed the pistol was built great I love it maybe some day I'll go up in caliber but I like my 25. ANY TIPS OR ADVICE WITH THIS PISTOL IM OPEN TO HEAR IT.

NWCP
December 15, 2009, 04:25 AM
I own a 950BS as well. While it may see time in the pocket of my motorcycle jacket, or my wife's purse it's not what I routinely carry. They are a well made little mouse gun.

sailskidrive
December 15, 2009, 06:51 AM
This seems like sound info for anyone attacked by a Kenmore, Whirlpool, Maytag... :rolleyes:

>>ANY TIPS OR ADVICE WITH THIS PISTOL IM OPEN TO HEAR IT.

Yes, give serious consideration to the following link:

http://www.amazon.com/Our-Mother-Tongue-Introductory-English/dp/1591280117/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260877186&sr=8-4

~Sail

michael t
December 15, 2009, 11:01 AM
sailskidrive I think your post was uncalled for .

Lots of people have found the little 950 a great pocket pistol I have own 2 for years. They have been relieable ,accurate , and beat devil out of a 22 in same size pistol.
The 25 acp in gel has went between 13 and 16 inches

I also have the Beretta DA/SA 25 auto but the 950 is a better pistol to carry

azredhawk44
December 15, 2009, 11:08 AM
I agree with sailskidrive that I find it obnoxious when people write in stream of consciousness and don't format their thoughts better before typing them into the interwebz especially when they fail to segregate new sentences with periods WHO HERE AGREES WITH ME BESIDES SAILSKIDRIVE?

OldMarksman
December 15, 2009, 11:10 AM
More reliable than a rim fire and better than nothing.

Not as effective as a .32 ACP, and while European police and some military forces once used the .32, many authorities consider the .380 to be the minimum for self defense.

DasFriek
December 15, 2009, 11:16 AM
My tip is to prepare for some not so nice comments,most of them from the .22 caliber guys.
I own a .25 also a CZ vz45 which i think ive posted the pic enough lately people know what it looks like.But id never carry it as a main weapon,but as a backup yes.
I very much dislike grammar WW2 Germans,so pls stop that sailskidrive.

Its been proven that a .25 in a short barrel is more effective than a .22 in a short barrel.
I know you like your gun,i know i LOVE my CZ .25 but its not the best tool for the job.But if its all you have and cant get a bigger caliber its better than many other options out there.

A .380 can be purchased thats smaller,lighter and much more effective caliber and powerful enough that hollow points are even effective in it and still get good penetration.

Just for this thread i think ill carry my CZ today as my bug of choice,i have 3 bugs ranging from .25-9mm but my main guns are all .45's so dont say ill be under gunned with my .25 :)

Shawn Dodson
December 15, 2009, 11:42 AM
Its been proven that a .25 in a short barrel is more effective than a .22 in a short barrel. Really? Where is this proof? I've tested both and they're a draw.

Darsh
December 15, 2009, 12:54 PM
I agree with sailskidrive that I find it obnoxious when people write in stream of consciousness and don't format their thoughts better before typing them into the interwebz especially when they fail to segregate new sentences with periods WHO HERE AGREES WITH ME BESIDES SAILSKIDRIVE?

Haha awesome I totally agree with you I was just talking about this last night!!1 :D

TinyDee
December 15, 2009, 02:01 PM
I have been around awhile and have carried them all but agree the my Colt 1908 25 is my favorite. Most events will take place less than ten foot away and the 25 will, indeed, do the job.

OldMarksman
December 15, 2009, 02:29 PM
One needs to determine the requirements first, and that depends on the mission objective.

Long ago I liked the little Browning and Bernardelli .25 autos because they were very small, but there was a Gun Digest column on cartridges that was published every year that called the .25 ACP inadequate--they recommended the .380. I liked the Browning .380 because it was very flat and concealable. I also liked the old Colt .380, but that was out of production.

That was all purely academic, because concealed carry was forbidden here. That changed a couple of years ago.

In the required CCW training class, I learned that the basic requirement was to be able to draw very quickly from concealment and get a couple of shots into center mass of each of one or more rapidly approaching assailants at close range--think Tueller Drill. That mitigated against some of the small autos of the earlier days because of the time required to manipulate the safety.

The Ruger LCP and a couple of other small autos overcome that problem, but for me at least, they are not all that easy to draw quickly and shoot effectively. There was a guy at the range yesterday who had just acquired a new LCP, and he wasn't happy with it --hard to grip and so light that it was hard to pull the trigger without disturbing his aim, and consequently, hard to hit with. That was his finding--I didn't shoot it. He wished he had gotten an M&P Compact like mine.

So, back to the requirements. Does the gun really have to be tiny? I've learned that I can conceal a larger pistol and that I can draw and shoot one a lot more effectively, and since I can carry lawfully I don't see the need for something that small for primary carry. Also, with the number of meth heads around here, I really like the idea of having more punch.

Other peoples' requirements may vary.

dsk
December 15, 2009, 02:39 PM
I once had a 950bs that was unfortunately a complete lemon. On mine all of the pins kept backing out, including one inside the rails that would slow the slide down and cause stoppages. A trip back to Beretta failed to cure the problem, and I sold it at a huge loss. It was years later before I plucked up the courage to try another one. The second pistol was actually fine, so I don't know what the first one's problem was. However I sold #2 after the Kel-Tec P-32's came out, and haven't looked back at the .25ACP caliber since.

The mouse gun argument continues unabated, but suffice it to say that they'll always be strong sellers. They may be pipsqueaks, but they'll always be the one gun you can have on you at all times, and will do better than whatever else you have in your pockets.

mec
December 15, 2009, 11:09 PM
I had several over the years and found them extremely reliable. Even the .22 short version, the minx was more reliable than most micro rimfires though it did not match the 25s. Years ago, when the 25s were extremely popular, it was a gun magazine standard to hold forth on 25 acp ineffectiveness but more recently, I ran across several one shot stop reports in the american rifleman. I also went over an autopsy report with a photograph of a guy who had placed a 25 in his mouth and the bullet exited the top of his skull. Fifty grain ball ammo typically clocks about 800 fps with the lighter expanding loads from cci, Winchester and hornady doing 950 or more. Exceptionally precise shot placement and a fair dose of good luck are probably the keys.

Beretta didn't do us any favors when they dropped this one.

bakon
December 16, 2009, 12:52 AM
My wife has the Jetfire. Nice 25 and easy to shoot.

(BH)
December 16, 2009, 02:02 AM
I put rounds through a half inch piece of and

I can shoot through a 1/2" piece of and with a pellet gun. Try shooting through a 1/2" piece of but with that gun of yours, then come tell us about it. Bet you cant do it.

Carryabigstick
December 16, 2009, 03:02 AM
sailskidrive.

I used that grammer book back in the day.

Now, back the thread topic. I think that the smaller rounds are just fine for personal defense. I really hope you enjoy that little gun.

cwb
December 16, 2009, 08:11 AM
This seems like sound info for anyone attacked by a Kenmore, Whirlpool, Maytag...

>>ANY TIPS OR ADVICE WITH THIS PISTOL IM OPEN TO HEAR IT.

Yes, give serious consideration to the following link:

http://www.amazon.com/Our-Mother-Ton...0877186&sr=8-4

~Sail

hahahahahahahahaha