PDA

View Full Version : beretta px4

FFEMTRESCUE
December 10, 2009, 04:16 PM
Im looking to buy a conceled carry, and found mixed reviews on the beretta px4 9mm. Anyone know much about it?

Pops 1
December 11, 2009, 08:29 PM
I own a PX4 and l love it.

Don P
December 11, 2009, 09:45 PM
Good, reliable, easy shooter. Its up to you and how it feels in YOUR hand. Some say its a bit bulky to conceal. I have no problem concealing it. Good holster and a good gun belt are a must. You may also want to take a look at Springfields XDM, nice with 20 rounds, the S&W M&P9mm and Glocks G17. I own a PX4 and the XD ( not the M model ) and that is what I carried at work. If I were making the choice I would buy the XDM.
My PX4 has been trouble free.

PSU87
December 11, 2009, 11:02 PM
No problems whatsoever. Comes with three different backstraps, makes it easy to make it feel right.

Very light recoil. Good pistol. Thinking about the 45 to match.

Eagleks
December 12, 2009, 01:17 AM
PX4-SC , and love it. Works great, good quality, and wouldn't trade it.

wbw
December 12, 2009, 10:11 AM
I'll repeat here what I said in another thread about the PX4:

I went to Bass Pro to look at the PX4 in 9. Seeing it in person, it was a little chunkier and blocky than I liked. I ended up getting a Stoeger (Beretta) Cougar which is the same as the Beretta Cougar. It's a little smaller and less blocky than the PX4. It has the rotating barrel like the PX4. It's also all steel.

Stoeger is owned by Beretta. When Beretta stopped making the Cougar they sent all their equipment from Italy to Turkey and started making the Stoeger Cougar. It's the same as the Beretta only it costs a good bit less and it doesn't say 'Beretta'. The parts are interchangeable and it uses Beretta mags.

I pick mine up tomorrow. It's a nine but they also make it in .40. If the PX4 turns out to be too chunky for you, take a look at the Stoeger. They can be gotten new for a little more than $400.

My research of the PX4 netted a lot of positive results. It sounds like a winner. It was just too bulky for me.

LordofWar
December 12, 2009, 06:30 PM
Get the Stoeger Cougar. PX4 costs $4,000 USD more than the Cougar where I'm at & shooting both the weapons side by side made me regret a lot.

Seedtick
December 14, 2009, 04:09 PM
I've got a PX4 SC and I luv it. It will shoot anything and I've had no trouble with it. I bought it with the intention of making it my main carry gun but decided against it because of its size.

Whacking an inch or so off the barrel length of a full size gun does not make it a sub-compact.:rolleyes:

I put a laser/light combo on it and got a 20 round magazine and reassigned it. It now plays a lead role in home protection and it get to spend quite a bit of time at the range.

I'm tickled with mine but a pocket pistol it ain't.

ST

:)