PDA

View Full Version : Is the Kahr CW45 rated for the +p ammo?

DaveTec
November 23, 2009, 05:08 PM
I don't have the manual, so I thought I'd ask the experts here.

Thanks in advance!

rbernie
November 23, 2009, 05:32 PM
http://www.kahr.com/OR-4.html#q4

Q. Which ammunition is recommended for use with Kahr firearms?

A. Kahr Arms does not endorse any particular brand of ammunition. However, not every brand of ammunition produces the same results. Please check the markings on the barrel hood of your firearm to determine the proper caliber. Kahr suggests a visit to a pistol range to test fire different brands of ammunition in the proper caliber. Kahr cautions against the use of reloads. Lead (unjacketed) bullets can cause excessive fouling and extra attention to cleaning the bore is recommended after firing lead bullets. The Kahr pistol is rated to +P.
Having said that - I would not want to shoot +p out of any CW pistol. They are pretty light and whippy.

DaveTec
November 23, 2009, 05:41 PM
Thank you rbernie! For the link and the advice.

LordofWar
November 23, 2009, 06:29 PM
:D

Congratulations on the new purchase Davetec.

PSP
November 23, 2009, 06:48 PM
Whereas the gun can shoot +P, I found it much harder to contol it in such a light, small pistol. I thought +P was more than I wanted to handle if attempting any kind of speed. YOMD. The Hogue Handall helped a lot I thought.

45_Shooter
November 23, 2009, 08:29 PM
The +P ammo I have experience with is 230 grain .45+P Winchester Rangers. They can be a handful in even a full size pistol; I would not try them in a compact weapon. Try Speer Short Barrel ammo IMO.

Nykop
November 23, 2009, 09:28 PM
I use remington golden sabers 185 jhp for my pm45. I found them to be the most accurate at least for me and I tried alot of various name brand ammo.